setcpu cpu governor w/ kernals

ckamc

Reaction score
So i remember back on 2. 1 I could change conservative or powersave.

2.2 now and with chevy ulv 1ghz on bb . 2.1 i only get performance and on demand and user.

Is it the kernal or something else i need to learn to make this happen? or not possible?

I would like to do 1ghz on conservative or even run 700 with the same profile. On demand seems way too much like performance.

OP
C

ckamc

Reaction score
WIth kernals do i have to install a recovery i made before installing checy ulv or can i just download and apply without wiping like i did before? since technically it came with a 800mhz kernal already and it worked fine when the new one was overlayed

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WIth kernals do i have to install a recovery i made before installing checy ulv or can i just download and apply without wiping like i did before? since technically it came with a 800mhz kernal already and it worked fine when the new one was overlayed

Just download the kernel and install. Do not wipe prior to kernel install. If you do, you will loose all your data.

OP
C

ckamc

Reaction score
Cool just making sure, will try p3 in a moment

Se7enLC

Reaction score
cpu frequency scaling governor options are part of the kernel. The only useful ones are conservative and ondemand - the other ones just don't make sense to even use on a battery powered device.

Like somebody already said - check out p3droid kernel

OP
C

ckamc

Reaction score
Weird is it me or the new clockworks upgrade not allowing me to boot into recovery...

Might have to run spr

Ended up just having to reflash clockwork to make it work