SetCPU 2.0.0b Issues.

alonsou

Reaction score
Folks,

I need help here,

I just update SetCPU to its latest version 2.0.0b and I won't let me go higher than 550mhz. I tried 4 different kernels so far (2 Chevy's 1.25Ghz and 1.1Ghz and 2 3P's 1.25Ghz and 1.1Ghz) and no luck. Any ideas anyone?

OP
alonsou

alonsou

Reaction score
Well your answer was not dumb at all, it actually fixed my issue, Thanks a lot serveitup911, I guess the dumb was me... :yr1:

clucernoni

Reaction score
I still make this mistake time to time and I've been rooted and overclocked for months lol.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Here's one. Just upgraded from SetCPU 1.6 to 2.0 and noticed that when creating power profiles it gives the option of priority on each new profile created. Any clue seeing that this is new to this version?

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
I also have a problem. I have set a profile when the screen goes out to set the cpu at 400/250 and when screen turns on its supposed to go to 1200/250. however it stays at 400/250 until i refresh it .

coolbho3000

Reaction score
I also have a problem. I have set a profile when the screen goes out to set the cpu at 400/250 and when screen turns on its supposed to go to 1200/250. however it stays at 400/250 until i refresh it .
There is no refresh button.

306stang

Reaction score
i might be retarded but can someone explain the charging profiles.

Charging AC/Full
Charging USB/Full
Charging/Full

am i overlooking something simple??

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Strange, I didn't see any recent changelogs on his site. Nothing newer than 1.5.4.
http://www.pokedev.com/setcpu/

Google found them on XDA.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=505419
Added "Charging AC/Full" and "Charging USB/Full" profile conditions to distinguish between fast charging and slow charging modes on some devices (thanks Julian).
It doesn't seem to mention Charging/Full though. Again, via Google:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6992097&postcount=574
You can set specific and different overclocking profiles determined by whether it's being charged by AC, USB, or if you want the same overclocking no matter what it's charging by, just charging/full like I do.

Just upgraded from SetCPU 1.6 to 2.0 and noticed that when creating power profiles it gives the option of priority on each new profile created. Any clue seeing that this is new to this version?
Again, from the changelog:
The profiles menu and service have been recoded from scratch, and now allows the creation of unlimited profiles with custom priorities. The "priority" meter for each profile determines the order in which it is evaluated - if two profiles apply to a given situation, the profile with the higher priority will be set. If you had profiles set before 2.0.0, you will need to set them again.
Google's a handy tool -- if you use it. ;)

Last edited:

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
There is no refresh button.

I know there is no refresh button. I guess I wanted to say I had to press on the widget to get in and reset it to correct speeed.... :(

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
1. If you have refresh set to passive it will display the last reading it took ie.. if you just woke it up it will display your sleep profile settings...

2. Charging profiles can be set with one profile (charging) or seperate into two different profiles (usb and AC)

Edit: Priority regulates which profile will take "priority" when running. The higher the priority, that profile will regulate actions.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm liking the update, and to a lesser degree the droid theme :)

Priorities have been totally overhauled, and nice!

Glad it now auto refreshes, no need for the extra toggle.