set cpu

wb1960

Reaction score
I am rooted and now have set cpu on my X. I followed the post "make phone snappy". Is the point of under clocking to conserve battery? If so what is the ideal setting to underclock?

DragTheRake

Reaction score
I am rooted and now have set cpu on my X. I followed the post "make phone snappy". Is the point of under clocking to conserve battery? If so what is the ideal setting to underclock?

Just for the sake of spreading knowledge, "under clocking" is properly known as throttling. Say it either way if you would like, but it's less typing with the "correct" way.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Yes as to the battery and I would play around with 600mhz or 800mhz. Just play around with the phone and see if you experience a noticeable different in speed. You'll find one that gives you enough speed and is better on the battery. Set the lower limit down to the lowest limit of the kernel and the highest to 600 or higher. Good luck.