Sending email on Droid 2 Global

jgga

Reaction score
Recently purchased Droid 2 and set up email. I have 3 emails: google, Yahoo and Cox (local ISP). I can send and receive emails from Google and Yahoo. I can receive email in Cox.Cannot send emails as new orreplies from Cox. Neither cox nor Verizon can assist. The incoming and outgoing server addresses are correct. I did a factory reset and reentered each email acct but still cannot send from Cox. Any suggestions.

harrellj

Reaction score
I'd ask if Cox requires that you be on their network before you can send emails. Easy test (if you have wireless at home) is to see if you can send at home on your wireless network, disable the wireless radio and reattempt. If both attempts fail, there's something else going on, but I'll bet its not being on their network (most ISPs have that requirement it seems like).

OP
J

jgga

Reaction score
I'd ask if Cox requires that you be on their network before you can send emails. Easy test (if you have wireless at home) is to see if you can send at home on your wireless network, disable the wireless radio and reattempt. If both attempts fail, there's something else going on, but I'll bet its not being on their network (most ISPs have that requirement it seems like).

I am on the cox network but am not using my wifi but verizon's 3G.

harrellj

Reaction score

I am on the cox network but am not using my wifi but verizon's 3G.

If you're using Verizon's 3G, you're actually not on Cox's network at all, just Verizon's.