Sending delayed SMS

kt3456

Reaction score
Is there a way on Droid or an app that allows me to send a text message later? I remember way back when, on the original palm smartphone by kyocera, you could set a time to send a text later. Very handy when you know the recipient is busy now, but you will be busy later, ie. kids in school, friends in a meeting. Palm didn't put it on the treo either and I still miss it.

jbr13

Reaction score
I would think you could just send the text now and the person on the other end would get it when they can check their phone. Doesn't seem to be much use for you to delay sending, it will be sitting there for them anyway if you send it now.

OP
K

kt3456

Reaction score
That's what I have been doing. I just thought it would be nice to be able to send a message at a specific time.

Rettocs

Reaction score
A good use for this type of an app is something like the person you are texting is in a movie or in a meeting, in which they may not have put their phone to vib, and you don't want to embarrass them. I know most people put their cells on vib or silent in these cases, but not everyone remembers.

mcm180

Reaction score
yes i used this on my blackberry for a hot minute .. and was elated to find the Android Market has it for my DROID its called .. SMS Scheduler I haven't had a problem with it ... and have used it a few times already.
emoji-E056.png

here's the barcode thingy.. heheheh
emoji-E056.png

Last edited:
OP
K

kt3456

Reaction score
SMS Scheduler

Thank you!. I will try it. I'm glad there are others out there with friends (or kids) who forget to silence their phone. My 17 yo daughter got hers taken away at school and I had to go there and get a lecture in order to get it back.:blush: Now I can schedule her messages to go out after school.

SoonerFanSF

Reaction score
Oh Don't Forget App

Oh Don't Forget android app available in Google Play store is free and allows the scheduling of text messages for future delivery. It is also integrated with the Android address book.

http://bit.ly/WX17Cv