Send to voice mail broken

Nidisa

Reaction score
So, at some point the option to send a specific phone number directly to voicemail has broken on my phone.

What I have done to resolve:
wiped and restored all contacts
wiped and restored specific contacts that I want to send to voicemail
data wiped my entire phone

I am running stock 2.1 droid.

My phone will ring, from a number that I want to go to voicemail. Once the ringing is stopped, I look at the contact->options, and the box is checked to send directly to voicemail.

Any fix for this?? It's a VERY simple feature on a phone that accomplishes wayyy more difficult tasks easily.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Does the incoming call screen seem to recognize the number as one you have in your contacts? I mean, is it possible that the number you have stored in a contact doesn't match the caller ID info somehow (different formatting or whatever)? Can you verify that it did work at one point?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know if this has anything to do with it but have you tried resyncing?

Youmail has that option too if your get desperate. I love that app. You'll need to make an account online too at youmail.com. Good luck :D

OP
N

Nidisa

Reaction score
The contact is recognized by the phone...."Telemarketer" shows up when the phone rings. The option is marked with a checkmark "send directly to voicemail". But it doesn't go to voicemail, it rings.

I have resynced, several times, including when I wipe the phone to factory state.

I are sad and mad :icon_evil:

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you don't want to try youmail there's an app in the market called call blocker you could try. I'd be mad too. Maybe you could take it to Verizon and have them deal with it. :D

ytwokc5

Reaction score
Why don't you just log in to the Verizon site and block the number? You can block up to 5 numbers for 90 days for free. That's usually enough to get rid of pesky callers.

OP
N

Nidisa

Reaction score
I trust NOT the peeps at Verizon stores to do anything technical, and they don't believe you when you tell them "yes, I wiped, yes I redownloaded, yes I removed all blahblah" , and they make you do it all again, AND if the phone doesn't duplicate the problem in front of their eyes they won't even deal with you.

No one should have to install/buy a service to make up for the brokeness of a feature that the phone already has...unlike hands free dialing (which never existed on this phone) sent directly to voicemail HAS this feature; and it worked for me, for a bit.

This phone costs us a lot of $$ to own and operate; I take exceptional care of all of my electronics. I'm irritated that it has cost me the time I've spent already trying to get it to do what it is designed to do.

*tantrum over*