Send default text when phone rings

didymus

Reaction score
I would like to set a default message as described below, but I don't find the menu item "Edit default message" on my Droid Pro. Phone>Menu gives me "Clear frequest list" and "Speed dial setup", but not Phone Settings>Edit Default message.

Rejecting a Call and Sending a Text Message
Say you need to tell a caller that you can't take their call right now. Your Android phone can automatically send a default text message to the caller! First, set up your default text message by tapping Phone > Menu > Phone Settings > Edit default message. You might enter a generic message like, "Can't talk now." and press OK.

Now when you can't take the call you can automatically send that text:
- • When the phone rings, tap menu > Send Message

ravenhawk

Reaction score
I didn't know it could do that, but that sounds very cool. I'm going to have to try it.

Edit: Just tried this, and same thing: I don't get the "Phone Settings" option.

Last edited:

AppUsabilityExpert

Reaction score
Do this and much more using "QSMS & Call Reject SMS / Text" app from Android market

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.onion.mobile.QuickSmsToBuddy.Trial

- This app allows you to send sms/text to missed/rejected calls.

- It also allows you to send a 'default' sms/text after user specified time period. e.g. you can specify to send a msg after 10 secs

- *** Never seen before **** You can send sms/text during "Outgoing" call reject as well. e.g. "Call back its urgent" or "nothing important, callback when free"

- *** You have ability to messages while sending the reject sms/text depending on the context. e.g. "I will call back in 10 mins" instead of "I will call back later"

There are other interesting features as well in this app. Watch demo on market page.

dtwalters

Reaction score
From Droid Pro Home> Menu> Settings> Call Settings> Text Message Reply> Edit Messages

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

GXeed

Reaction score
If you are looking for an app to let you reject incoming calls with predefined or custom SMS and setup a reminder to return a call as well..

so check Reject++

You can:
- Reject a call with SMS, Reminder, Or Both.
- Convenient Slider on top of incoming call screen, slider it up and go with Reject++
- Smart SMS Templates with "Tags"
- Smart Reminders Scheduling Engine.
- Works with mobile screen locked or OFF
- Notifications works no matter if the app is active or not.

Check much more Features & Screenshots for Reject++

smam61

Reaction score
I just purchased this app mentioned below & it works just like it promised

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.onion.mobile.QuickSmsToBuddy.Trial

- This app allows you to send sms/text to missed/rejected calls.

- It also allows you to send a 'default' sms/text after user specified time period. e.g. you can specify to send a msg after 10 secs

- *** Never seen before **** You can send sms/text during "Outgoing" call reject as well. e.g. "Call back its urgent" or "nothing important, callback when free"

- *** You have ability to messages while sending the reject sms/text depending on the context. e.g. "I will call back in 10 mins" instead of "I will call back later"

There are other interesting features as well in this app. Watch demo on market page.

vzthndrblt

Reaction score
Here's how you edit Defaul Messages:

-go to settings
-tap call
-tap phone settings
-tap Edit Default Message

I hope this helps.