Self then Boot Loop after app2sd intall attempt

droidlayman

Reaction score
Followed Koush's instructions for install... changed kernals from working p3 1000 low voltage to beckit per instructions, reboot... after sd card check phone will self boot if left alone or trying to invoke RM to complete activation of app2sd. Had to pull battery. Re-installed and bootloops begin again.
Moto Droid CM 5.0.6.2 CMod backup prior to changing kernals.
PLEASE HELP... need phone for work.

Last edited:
OP
D

droidlayman

Reaction score
Restored from backup, phone working. When I changed the kernals I did not wipe data and cache... probably the problem. Will try again this weekend when loss of phone not so critical.

OP
D

droidlayman

Reaction score
Installed Becket 7 slot 1K low voltage and boot loop again. My phone obviously hates this kernal. That being said, had a heck of a time and had to use an old backup. Then updated to 5.0.6.2, with apps, however, no option to change kernals (was going to go back to P3's which run fine on my phone and just give up on apps2sd) But never got option to load.

Note: I did not wipe cache or data when I went from 5.0.5.7 to .6.2 (is this the problem, Koush says we don't need to wipe between his versions.

Now, start RM and no kernal install options... WTF? (yep it's premium)

SetCPU shows up too 600mhz... that's not stock, again WTF???

I swear people I have searched for an answer on my own

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated... this is getting real frustrating.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Installed Becket 7 slot 1K low voltage and boot loop again. My phone obviously hates this kernal. That being said, had a heck of a time and had to use an old backup. Then updated to 5.0.6.2, with apps, however, no option to change kernals (was going to go back to P3's which run fine on my phone and just give up on apps2sd) But never got option to load.

Note: I did not wipe cache or data when I went from 5.0.5.7 to .6.2 (is this the problem, Koush says we don't need to wipe between his versions.

Now, start RM and no kernal install options... WTF? (yep it's premium)

SetCPU shows up too 600mhz... that's not stock, again WTF???

I swear people I have searched for an answer on my own

Any ideas would greatly be appreciated... this is getting real frustrating.

I would make a backup of your apps, and then just start from scratch. That always seems to fix problems that some people have.

OP
D

droidlayman

Reaction score
When you say start from scratch, do a re-install, data and cache wipe?
THANKS FOR RESPONDING... REALLY... THANKS

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
When you say start from scratch, do a re-install, data and cache wipe?
THANKS FOR RESPONDING... REALLY... THANKS

I would just wipe data and cache, then install the cyanogenmod zip from your sdcard, while in clockworkmod. Once this works, then you can try apps2sd, and a kernel.

Oh, and have you checked advanced mod in the menu? I think thats what is keeping you from installing kernels.

OP
D

droidlayman

Reaction score
I have an xtra 16gb card I want to use and partition, then reload my apps to it. The problem is I can partition the card... in fact that card is partitioned using RM (at least it when thru the motions) but the activation check box in "Applications" is always greyed out.

Are you required to use Becket kernals to run apps2sd? I did see a post that after installing apps2sd and getting it up and running, someone re-installed P3's kernals and apps2sd continued to operate.

I have now have the .6.2 running with the Becket 6K 5 slot kernal that installed with the ROM. Can I remove the current card, install the new card, reformat/partition and see if that works?

Can I use mybackup pro for the apps and re-install if the partition works and will activate?

Please forgive my ignorance and thanks again for the direction!!!

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have an xtra 16gb card I want to use and partition, then reload my apps to it. The problem is I can partition the card... in fact that card is partitioned using RM (at least it when thru the motions) but the activation check box in "Applications" is always greyed out.

Are you required to use Becket kernals to run apps2sd? I did see a post that after installing apps2sd and getting it up and running, someone re-installed P3's kernals and apps2sd continued to operate.

I have now have the .6.2 running with the Becket 6K 5 slot kernal that installed with the ROM. Can I remove the current card, install the new card, reformat/partition and see if that works?

Can I use mybackup pro for the apps and re-install if the partition works and will activate?

Please forgive my ignorance and thanks again for the direction!!!

Idk really... I don't use Apps2SD, so I don't know a lot about these questions. Maybe someone else can help you. I'll see if any of the other RS members know anything about Apps2SD.

OP
D

droidlayman

Reaction score
Not sure if you got the response from my phone, if not, THANKS, I would really like to get the app to work, but there are lots of things I would like.... I just can't seem to figure out why it won't as I have followed every tutorial to the letter. Thanks again.