Select/copy web page text?

mrvogt

Reaction score
How do you select/copy web page text with Android? Easy on the iPhone, can't seem to figure it out on the Droid. Surely I don't need an app for this, do I?

bots

Reaction score
In the default browser, you can hit the menu key (the second hardkey from the left) then go to more, then select "select text" or you can press menu+E on the hard keyboard. This allows you to highlight text, which is then automatically copied to the clipboard. To paste, just select the box you want to paste it into with a long click, and choose paste. Hope this helps.

OP
M

mrvogt

Reaction score
I've owned the Droid since day 1, for over 3 weeks now. And I never thought of exploring the More button. And I call myself a gadget nut..... :)

Thanks for pointing the More button out to me.

mv_guy1

Reaction score
thanks for the feed back that also helped me out...........

lschmitt

Reaction score
That's good to know. I tried this once but was not able to get it to work. How do you copy and paste urls? This one I can't seem to figure out.......

Wallmartkiller

Reaction score
Copying url addresses

To copy the URL of a web page simply long press on the URL, select copy URL address.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Related note - is there any way to select/copy web page text that doesn't all fit on one screen? When I start to select and it reaches the bottom of what's currently visible, it doesn't auto-scroll the page to keep selecting. It just stops there.