Seidio 2600 Extended Battery Issue

tommyw

Reaction score
I purchased the Seidio 2600 extended battery however it seems to last less time than the original battery and I have to charge it twice a day; even if I barely use the phone. I use the app killer every time I use the phone and have everything off (including GPS). Is there some kind of app I need to run to ensure I'm getting the right battery reading or is this a common issue with the seidio battery not working correctly in the Moto Droid?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although some have gotten 50+ hours on a single charge, the best I've gotten is 43 hours. I don't have an app killer and only have WiFi off (none around were I live).

According to their instructions you have to run it dry charge it completely about 5 times to break it in.

I suggest you get the app Battery Left. Although the Time Remaining will be off, set the widget so it shows mV. A full charge will be between 4180 to 4200mV and the phone will die minutes after it reaches 3500mV or so.

OP
T

tommyw

Reaction score
I did it

I took your advice and downloaded the battery left app. I've used app killer every time I use the phone and today (sunday) I have everything off on the phone, have not used it once and still can't get past 10 hours on the extended batteries. Is the battery defective? Frustrating in the extreme...

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is that app killer an automatic one? If so, you should try removing it.

Rollingbones

Reaction score
I've seen some posts with some people having defective batteries. Cotact Seidio and let them know the problem youre having (I believe you can do that through this site). They're pretty good about replacing them. I just wish they'd follow through with the development of the slim extended battery. I serously doubt the app killer has anything to do with your battery problems one way or another. I have and use the app killer with my stock battery and still get a full days active use on one charge. Be it a first charge or fifth charge, the Seidio extended battery souldn't work that poorly.

Last edited: