Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The thread that got me started.

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Every now and then I stumble upon a thread accidentally after searching for something else. I see this and this started it all.

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
its hard to forget your first time. it was with apple for me :)
Other than Blackberrys my first real smartphone was an iPhone 4s. I traded that 3 months later for a Thunderbolt and never looked back.

Reading through this thread takes me back.... Wow!!! Look at those screenshots!! Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Video is still up. I gotta comment on that video.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
For those that rooted name your top 5 favorite mods you can do (any phone, any rom, any time).

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
Top 5 mods.... I'm sure they are all outdated...

Center Clock
Brighter and better status/notifications
Killing the persistent wifi connected notice
Not having to hit ok after entering pin on lockscreen
Being able to install different system apps... IE cameras, galleries, keyboards...

Top 5 reasons.

Tether. Which was my first reason to root.
Complete control.
Full Backups
Newer, better, faster, updates
And it was just plain fun!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Top 5 for me all time:

Smoke glass theme for Droid: It was the first time ever being able to change the look of my phone and it fascinated me.

Overclock for the Droid: You had a beast of a phone if you could overclock it to 1000. The post of people bragging about how high they overclocked their phones and the screams of "lies" for those who could barely get their phone to handle 800.

Live wallpaper Droid: I haven't used it ever again since the droid because of how resource heavy it was. But it was cool to show off. Look what my Droid can do that your iPhone can't. Root gave us the first time we could truly whip out our phone and cause envy among iPhone users. Jailbreak could not touch what we were doing with root.

Custom Rom Droid-Nexus 5: This was the main reason to root. Bugless Beast, Sholemod, Ultimate Droid (I ROM that the community destroyed for kanging), Cyanogenmod, Sapphire, Chevyroms, and more. There have been this desire after the Droid to recapture the rom experience. But the reality is that was for a time and may never be recaptured. With some many phones right now it is hard to capture that same experience unless a community converge on a single device again. Plus nostalgia blots out the force closing cameras and other apps that drove us mad about some roms.

Wifi Tether: Because I could....not that I did.

bruben7886

Diamond Member
Reaction score
My favorite was being able to get in to the system files and actually DELETE all the bloatware.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My favorite was being able to get in to the system files and actually DELETE all the bloatware.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
That's the one thing that was cool about the Droid. There wasn't much bloat other than Amazon mp3 player. But at the time Google didn't really have their own music player like they do with Google play music.

In fact that was when we had the Pandora v Slacker war.

Obviously Pandora eventually won that one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
the good ole times :) memories. unfortunately I was a bit late to the droid. first droid phone was the original note. did not do anything with it other than use it. no rooting at all. kind of wished I did now.