Security apps question

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've seen the reviews and posts about Mobile Defense and Wave Secure. But I've not been able to find an answer (even from their FAQs) for what, to me at least is one a major question... Does a Hard Reset (Factory Reset) wipe these programs off the phone (essentially making them useless)??

From there I guess it should also be asked if should you manage to lock your phone first will their 'locks' disable a Factory Reset??

Otherwise, IMHO seems like these are a bit of 'false' security. Thanks for any help.

PS. not to sound like an a$$ but actual facts or data please. We can 'speculate' on the issue all day. Yes I realize that means someone will probably have to experiment and I'll be happy to do so if noone else has yet. Figured I'd ask first as someone has likely done so already.

OP
KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Regarding Mobile Defense and surviving a factory wipe, please see the following discussion thread: Protection against a factory wipe? (Page 1) - Suggestions and Feature Requests - Mobile Defense

If you have questions or are experiencing issues with Mobile Defense, please visit our official support forums for further assistance. Mobile Defense

Best Regards,

Ken Adair
Mobile Defense

Thank you for the link. It has become a moot point however because MD will not register on my phone (I have SMS disabled to avoid paying for spam messages) so I have had to switch to Wave Secure. Thanks you again for your response. If you all get the factory wipe solved (and/or offer a way to activate w/o TXTing I'll be back).

Last edited: