SD Card... What are these?

Garandhero

Reaction score
So my SD Card has the following folders I dont know what they are and want to know if I can get rid of them...

.blur
albumthumbs
Android
data
LOST.DIR
logs
tmp

and a file named thumbnailScale.trace

Can I delete these?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you have a 16GB memory card - these are small files (most likely)

i would not touch them

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
No you can not, unless you don't want your phone working.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Even if you delete them and don't cause any problems, once you mount it back the phone will probably put them right back.

xMercury

Reaction score
So my SD Card has the following folders I dont know what they are and want to know if I can get rid of them...

.blur
albumthumbs
Android
data
LOST.DIR
logs
tmp

and a file named thumbnailScale.trace

Can I delete these?

I would leave .blur; not sure what that's for. I don't have it on mine. albumthumbs I'm guessing just has a lot of images for your music artwork? But not sure on that. Android has some data for apps such as Google Maps; I wouldn't delete it. Data has more data on other apps that you install. No clue what LOST.DIR is for, but personally I think it'd be safe to delete. logs I deleted. I deleted tmp as well.

I think a majority of these will recreate themselves if you remove them so it's probably pointless to even bother touching any of them. I know logs and tmp are back on mine now. I doubt any of it will screw up your phone. At worst, you'll probably just have to reinstall some apps that might get corrupt.