Sd card partitioned after 2.2 update?

Ben52

Reaction score
Why is my sd card seemingly partitioned now, after the update? Can it be undone? When I connect to the computer, it comes up with a e: drive called motorola cd drive... And the sd card is now on a driveF:. This is making it imposible to use my usb compatible stereo to play mp3s. The phone used to work great as a simple usb mass storage device. Help!

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Why is my sd card seemingly partitioned now, after the update? Can it be undone? When I connect to the computer, it comes up with a e: drive called motorola cd drive... And the sd card is now on a driveF:. This is making it imposible to use my usb compatible stereo to play mp3s. The phone used to work great as a simple usb mass storage device. Help!

My card is not partitioned, but I am rooted. I don't think it becomes partitioned with the OTA update. HAve you tried formatting it?

OP
B

Ben52

Reaction score
No, i havent tried that. How do i even know if it is really partioned or not? It seems to have something to do with the new motoconnect. Can i check via pc or through a droid file manager? My phone is
Not rooted. Thanks

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
How much space is on there when you check sdcard and phone storage?

OP
B

Ben52

Reaction score
13.69 used on the sd card, 1.25 remaining..... On the system i have only used seven percent.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben that is exactly how big my 16GB card is. With fat32 formatting, the available is 14.93GB.
System is what is available on the internal phone memory.

-Droid Does

OP
B

Ben52

Reaction score
Guidot, so are you saying that my card does not have a partition? That would make since, but I still don't understand why I can't hook the droid x up to the Clarion Stereo anymore.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yes, it seems it's not partitioned. To make sure take the card out and stick it in your PC and see if only one drive comes up

EDIT: Never heard of motorola cd drive coming up when mounting sdcard

OP
B

Ben52

Reaction score
Unfortunately, my sd card reader on my pc doesn't seem to support a 16 gig 4 speed card. If I were to format the card, how do I restore everything? Is it as easy as copying everything to a temp drive and copying it back, or do I even need to do that?

OP
B

Ben52

Reaction score
Is it possible that an app called REAL HDMI would have affected something? Its a cool app by the way.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the"real hdmi" program, however if you think you want to format, everything on your card will be deleted unless you save it to your pc. When you format it then you can copy the files back.

-Droid Does