Sd card not detected

Jppoirier56

Reaction score
Over like the last month or so my phone would stop recognizing the sd card but eventually regain service.. For the past 24 hours, the time it actually recognizes it and is able to have service is almost zero. Is this a fixable problem or am I doomed

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

You are asking about an SD card but it sounds like your problem is the SIM card. Am I missing something?

eagle2222222222

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue over the last month, but it is the SIM card, not the SD card. Usually I have to restart my phone then it is ok. Any ideas?

OP
J

Jppoirier56

Reaction score
I went to the Verizon store and they fixed it... It has to do the the port on the top of the phone. If you feel like prying it open and resetting the card so its in, that should work.

The guy said there was a recall on that part if you want to call and replace it.

WhoDunIt

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
I went to the Verizon store and they fixed it... It has to do the the port on the top of the phone. If you feel like prying it open and resetting the card so its in, that should work.

The guy said there was a recall on that part if you want to call and replace it.

I don't know if the Verizon guy was lying or if it's something new that they have finally figured out but the phone has had that issue since launch and they, Verizon and HTC played the blame game and gave numerous fixes that never worked. My, 4th phone. Finally, HTC released an update several months back that would, for my lack of understanding, basically monitor the phone and when it lost the SIM card, it would realize and re-prepare it and everything would right itself. I watched my phone do it numerous times. However, since HTC/Verizon has been sending out the "update now" notifications, my phone drops the SIM card constantly again and will not re-prepare it like it was doing. I have not accepted the updates as I don't like the new version of Sense. I like what I have and want to keep it. I have to restart the phone or turn off the data and put the phone in plane mode, wait a minute and then turn off plane mode and data back on. It's gotten really old.

Last edited:

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are a couple of HTC phones that have this problem. it's definitely an HTC problem.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Wilson1911

Reaction score
you have to fix the SIM card with two or three layers of scotch tape and then trim it inserted back into tray this will solve the cannot find SIM card issue

kcooldude

Reaction score
The verizon store associate just put in a new sim card and reset se hardware stuff on the phone. I havent had an issue since then.

Wolfman38

Reaction score
I got a new NFC Sim card from Verizon at the first of the year. I have not had any issues since then. My cousin did the exact samething with his DNA, and he too has had no issues since the new Sim card was installed.

markdoc

Reaction score
I had the same problem. The latest fix is a new SIM Card Tray. You need to get it from HTC and they are aware of the problem. Verizon is aware also. When you get the new tray, you will see that is has been redesigned. It now has a small projection on the leading edge. (The side that goes into the phone first.) I have had the new tray for 3 weeks and so far no problems. Good luck.