sd card just died

texazranger09

Reaction score
Yup...exactly what it says....I have lost everything...pictures from the last 3 years videos all of my music and wouldn't you know it my laptop hd died last week too...I'm about to go on a killing spree. My phone won't recognize that there's even a card in and neither will a computer....tell me there is something I can do please

ManicMonday

Reaction score
A similar situation a year ago made me get biblical with my backups...good luck bub

EddieVersatile

Reaction score
have you tried taking the card, and putting it into an adapter, and using a card reader on your PC? i've had this issue before, and i don't know exactly how I recovered everything and fixed it, but I'm pretty sure all I did was take the card out, put it in a Built In Reader on my pc (you could use a USB card reader though) and everything showed up... Then i backed it all up, reformatted the card, and it was good to go :)...
Hopefully something like this will work for you as well, but I cannot guarantee it.. It's just odd for me to hear about solid state storage devices just "dying" like that.. It's usually some sort of connection/reader issue..

RedStarFire

Reaction score
There a ton of apps out there that allow you to recover from SD via google search. I cannot vouch for them as I've never tried any so, best of luck.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App