Sd card issues with programs

slayerdomain

Reaction score
When restarting or unplugging my phone from the computer I keep losing programs that are installed and have to go back and restore them. Anyone else having this issue with programs that have been moved to sd card?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

916A2

Reaction score
Yep, this bug is effecting the Atrix 2 as well, you guys aren't alone. Apparently it's effected other brand phones too, not just isolated to Motorola so it seems like an Android issue. So to avoid this, we just keep all apps on our internal storage.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The reason is simple. ICS (and Honeycomb) use a different partition layout than GB and earlier versions of Android.

These devices were shipped "ICS ready" - probably so people don't have to repartition their devices when ICS comes out. Unfortunately, this causes issues with the current shipping ROMs.

IMHO, Apps2SD should have been disabled in GB on these phones.

Apps2SD should work just fine once ICS is out.

916A2

Reaction score
The reason is simple. ICS (and Honeycomb) use a different partition layout than GB and earlier versions of Android.

These devices were shipped "ICS ready" - probably so people don't have to repartition their devices when ICS comes out. Unfortunately, this causes issues with the current shipping ROMs.

IMHO, Apps2SD should have been disabled in GB on these phones.

Apps2SD should work just fine once ICS is out.

Thats sounds very logical. How did you find this out?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk