SD Card does not recognize deletions

diesel1282

Reaction score
My droid was working fine and I have been able to drag movies and songs on and off the droid disk after it mounts on my MAC. I use Handbrake to convert files. I deleted a few movies and songs recently from my Droid and tried to add new movies (not very large ones). It keeps saying the drive is full. When I look on my droid to check how full the disk is, it shows that it is just about full. I deleted half the songs and movies off my droid and the SD card still reads the same. I'm hoping someone can help me out so I don't need to reformat. I took battery and SD Card out and it still seems like the space reader on my drive is frozen and continues to say full no matter what i delete.

OP
D

diesel1282

Reaction score
Its not a droid disk for a mac..I was just saying i mount my droid on my MAC if that has anything to do with it versus being a PC. I have a regular factory installed 16GB micro SD chip

Silver Member
Reaction score
take the SD card out of the DROID and stick it in a card reader. you've got some temp files somewhere on the SD card you're not catching, or you're not deleting what is taking up space.

it's not the phone that's affecting this, but it's best to eliminate possibiliities and go right to the source. putting the card in a reader will help you understand what is happening.

if you still can't figure it out, format the card and start over.

ebarcus

Reaction score
shane101 download astro from the app store, look on your sdcard for a .trashes or .trash (cant remember just deleted mine) and delete it, macs use this folder as the hidden recycle bin

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you makes changes (files) to your SD card and they don't show up properly... try using an app called SDrescan.... it's just an easier way then physically pulling out the SD card to get a fresh read.

Squidward

Reaction score
".Trashes" was the culprit for me, thanks a lot for the help...was extra perplexed because the folder doesn't show up when viewing the SD card contents via USB, only Astro. Wonder how long that invisible trash folder stays active, seems like an absolutely awful idea for the casual user.

Thanks again for the help, nearly had to go to work without music....shudder.