[Script] V6 SuperCharger !! HTK & BulletProof Launchers! FIX MEMORY FOR ALL ANDROIDS!

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how in the H can I get my launcherpro to stop getting killed when I hold the back button to kill an app? In settings/development the option to kill an app holding the back button, but some apps get killed and it goes back to the homescreen while others it'll close the app and go back to the homescreen but everything is gone on all the screens and takes time to reload. Launcher is htk, in cm7 performance settings lock home is unchecked. Thought there was a way to make the launcher locked permanently in memory perhaps? Or some option to put into /data/local.prop?

Is there a way, using the experimental lock app in memory script which I saw somewhere, to like apply a -17 priority to launcherpro somehow and have that get applied every reboot via a /system/etc/unit.d startup script perhaps? Let's get crazy

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

That happens because the app exits (not killed though) too quickly for the hold back button to kill app to work on it so basically you're telling it to kill the launcher, which is the same as going to manage apps and force closing it...you can force close basically any app, its just the essential ones start back up immediately

supercharged modified liquid 3.0 w/turbocharged 3g
Pete's 5 slot lv 1.25GHz w/ kickasskernel tweaks
19.8 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

meishkov

Reaction score
Yea I know how and why it happens, I'm lookin to fix just the launcher from getting force closed. So nothing that you know of? I swear it used to not do that. But what about applying the -17 priority to launcherpro and somehow getting it to stick by a bootup script??

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

-iD

Reaction score
the easiest way to stop it from killing your launcher would be to disable the "back button kills app" option in your ROM's toolbox

OP
zeppelinrox

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
...:icon_ lala:...Hey guys...

Apologies for being scarce :p

Dunno how many have been following the xda thread but its been a handful indeed.
I should have more time during the winter to check the thread more often
I feel bad for not being able to update here tho I haven't done a changelog for the most recent RC4 either because its huge :eek:
I'll just combine it with 4.1 :biggrin:

Anyway more features are planned and hopefully have an app in the near future.
Just gotta learn some Javanese.

To answer the above question you can bulletproof the launcher.
It won't die and it breaks the long press back to kill feature lol

Edit: Actually, the most recent files are here:
[Script][U9 RC4!] ALL WHEEL DRIVE -=V6 SuperCharger=- FIX RAM & Launchers, 3G & KAK!

I'm really proud of the Die-Hard Battery Calibrator so give it a try.
I'm pretty sure its the only thing that will calibrate automatically complete with a timed reboot :cool:

Last edited:

nhra1ss

Reaction score
Glad to see your post here,zepp. I have been following along on the xda site, even trying to go thru all the most recent posts ( about 100 pages of the 600 + ). I have the Update 9 RC4 on my Droid and loving it. Been trying to find the battery script when I get time and thanks for the link back. I would have found it sooner or later, lol. All your hard work has made my D2 running better than it ever has. Glad I tried it. Thanks :biggrin:

OP
zeppelinrox

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks man.
Lemme know if the calibrator works good for you or if you have any suggestions. :)

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks man.
Lemme know if the calibrator works good for you or if you have any suggestions. :)

Works good for me at first but calibration seems to drop off fairly quickly (just a couple days) then its back to huge battery % drops...maybe my battery is just old and not too good anymore

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

OP
zeppelinrox

zeppelinrox

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
hey man :D

Maybe... did you do automatic or manual?
Maybe the no battery trick can help.

Hmmm..some people say it holds the charge longer when charging with USB. But the no battery trick won't work with usb :p

It didn't make it worse I hope.
How much mV after unplugging?

Oh btw linpack update gives higher scores right?
I used to get 16+ but now I get 18+

Last edited:

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
hey man :D

Maybe... did you do automatic or manual?
Maybe the no battery trick can help.

Hmmm..some people say it holds the charge longer when charging with USB. But the no battery trick won't work with usb :p

It didn't make it worse I hope.
How much mV after unplugging?

Oh btw linpack update gives higher scores right?
I used to get 16+ but now I get 18+

I tried the automatic one first, and it was better than before...my battery has been through a lot between flashing roms all the time and not having time to fully calibrate and also my trick of adding a USB extension to the charger so I'm not sitting like 2 inches from a wall outlet lol so its entirely possible my battery just sucks now

And yeah, the linpack update has been out awhile, now I consider anything less than 19 absolutely horrible, I actually broke 20 before (deprimed kernel at like 1.28GHz, too high for regular use though)

supercharged modified liquid 3.1 w/turbocharged 3g
19.9 linpack score
1856 quadrant score

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since there are a few pages here I'm not going to read all the way through to see if it's already been posted. Just wanted to report that this runs without issue on MIUI as well and makes for an even smoother experience.