Screen wont turn on, any one has an old Droid1?

peterjariel

Reaction score
I droped my phone now my screen wont turn on, its 90 bucks to replace it but im waitting for the new 4G phones to come out on Feb. Man this sucks I wont have a phone for 2 month.
Just asking if anyone has an all beat up Droid that they dont use anymore. I dont care if its all beat up as long as I can see the screen I just need a phone

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Is the $90 you're talking about through insurance? I'm assuming so as I've never heard of Verizon replacing a phone for that amount. If so, this has nothing to with your upgrade through Verizon.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I droped my phone now my screen wont turn on, its 90 bucks to replace it but im waitting for the new 4G phones to come out on Feb. Man this sucks I wont have a phone for 2 month.
Just asking if anyone has an all beat up Droid that they dont use anymore. I dont care if its all beat up as long as I can see the screen I just need a phone

4G will start to roll out about that time. If it goes according to the plan I see it will hit 35 cities.

Beyond that though we don't know much and that's an issue. Here's why. Many of us actually do not live in these cities where the roll out is going to happen. If you live in a suburb 10 miles outside of the city you may be out of luck.

The fact is that Verizon won't have it's 4G network completed until 2013 so there is plenty of time to get a 4G phone. I suggest spend the 90.00 on your Droid and wait a while before using your upgrade so that this network will actually work in areas beyond the city limits.

I could be dead wrong and perhaps it may go out to the surrounding areas, but from what I've seen of other 4G maps it is limited to the city itself. This is not a deal where I want to be first on the block to get it. Wait and see.

OP
peterjariel

peterjariel

Reaction score

4G will start to roll out about that time. If it goes according to the plan I see it will hit 35 cities.

Beyond that though we don't know much and that's an issue. Here's why. Many of us actually do not live in these cities where the roll out is going to happen. If you live in a suburb 10 miles outside of the city you may be out of luck.

The fact is that Verizon won't have it's 4G network completed until 2013 so there is plenty of time to get a 4G phone. I suggest spend the 90.00 on your Droid and wait a while before using your upgrade so that this network will actually work in areas beyond the city limits.

I could be dead wrong and perhaps it may go out to the surrounding areas, but from what I've seen of other 4G maps it is limited to the city itself. This is not a deal where I want to be first on the block to get it. Wait and see.

I see what you mean idk though I live right outside of Orlando, and Im usually in Orlando so I think Ill get it on Feb and even if I wont have 4G every where Ill have a faster more advanced phone dont get me wrong my droid kicks butt, but I think Im goin to save the 90 bucks for the new phone. Thanks for the advice though :)