Screen unlock problem when call comes in

Nedaroth

Reaction score
Ok i can unlock the screen with one hand all day but when a phone call comes in the screen lock will not release and when it finaly does i miss the call. Help please

Troy

Reaction score
no probs here. I just put my thumb on the green dot and swipe it to the right. :)

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you dont need to unlock the phone to answer the phone.... when it rings just slide the green answer button and say hello.

PatG

Reaction score
I have had the same problem a couple of times. A call comes in, but I can not unlock the screen by sliding the lock from the left to the right. It just won't do it. I found out that if I press the toggle button on the top the screen lock will release. But I only tried that a couple of times, so I don't know if that will work every time either.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
no probs here. I just put my thumb on the green dot and swipe it to the right. :)

+1 - exactly.

Thanks for response but i do know how to answer the phone, the problem being that sliding the green dot to the right will not answer the phone all the time for me and takes 7 or 8 swipes before it does, and by that time the caller hangs up.

UPDATE* The new firmware update has changed the screen you power on to so it may not be an issue anymore for some of us.

Troy

Reaction score
you might have to take the phone back in. I'd try a battery pull first though.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
I have a pattern lock on mine and when a call comes in it goes right to the green dot / swipe to answer or ignore. No issues with this so far.

- Mega

PatG

Reaction score
This may be a dumb question, but what is a pattern lock? I thought the Droid will always go to the slide (unlock) screen. Is that programmable?

blueglacia

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The unlock slide becomes sluggish only when the phone app is running (perhaps along with some others services) and refuse to slide all the way to the target green dot resulting in missed calls. The same problem continues during the call as well after screen goes blank after some time into the call and I have to unlock the phone before I can use the touchpad during the call. The sluggishness goes away when phone app is not running.

A solution I use for this problem is a free app called ScreenMode Widget I found at the market. It has three options:
1: Sleep Auto
2: Awake Stay
3: Screen Stay

To change between them just click on the widget icon and it will cycle through the three. Option 1 keeps phone's default operation. Option 2 turns off the lock feature. The screen will go blank after set time, or when you hit the top power button. When you hit the power button again, screen returns to where you were without unlock. Option 3 keeps the screen on until you turn it off with the power button. I keep it on Option 2. The only thing I need to be careful with is to make sure I don't trigger the phone with volume locker or the camera button as I put the phone back in my belt holster (otherwise the screen will be on for the next two minutes wasting battery without my knowing about it).

I sure hope someone will fix this one of the two most annoying problems (the unlock slide and lack of bluetooth dialing capability) with Droid.

OP
Nedaroth

Nedaroth

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The unlock slide becomes sluggish only when the phone app is running (perhaps along with some others services) and refuse to slide all the way to the target green dot resulting in missed calls. The same problem continues during the call as well after screen goes blank after some time into the call and I have to unlock the phone before I can use the touchpad during the call. The sluggishness goes away when phone app is not running.

A solution I use for this problem is a free app called ScreenMode Widget I found at the market. It has three options:
1: Sleep Auto
2: Awake Stay
3: Screen Stay

To change between them just click on the widget icon and it will cycle through the three. Option 1 keeps phone's default operation. Option 2 turns off the lock feature. The screen will go blank after set time, or when you hit the top power button. When you hit the power button again, screen returns to where you were without unlock. Option 3 keeps the screen on until you turn it off with the power button. I keep it on Option 2. The only thing I need to be careful with is to make sure I don't trigger the phone with volume locker or the camera button as I put the phone back in my belt holster (otherwise the screen will be on for the next two minutes wasting battery without my knowing about it).

I sure hope someone will fix this one of the two most annoying problems (the unlock slide and lack of bluetooth dialing capability) with Droid.

You hit the nail right on the head with your description, i called verizon and the tech did not own a droid so he got one of his co workers who has one and had him call the droid to see if he himself would have the same issue trying to swipe the screen while call was comming in and low and behold he did.

Their final solution was just stick with it as it will become second nature to me. lmao

I think there are a number of droids out there that have this issue that affects the touch screen only during an incomming call and i say this as i have seen other threads about this same issue.

I do not have the other screen issue as stated above, the most i have to do is just wake it back up with tap of power button, but it has never gone back to the unlock screen position to access phone app again but it has done so on other apps. My wife has a big issue with that on her's.

I love my droid and will never give it up for this issue, but i do know moto could fix this with a better phone app. You should not need to swipe anything to answer a phone.

Brianmac

Reaction score
I have a pattern lock on mine and when a call comes in it goes right to the green dot / swipe to answer or ignore. No issues with this so far.

- Mega

+1 here.

I doubt that Moto is going to change the swipe feature either. The swiping prevents accidentally answering the phone while your trying to get it out of whatever it's being stored in.