Screen turning off during texting or going to power menu

Mountainlife

Reaction score
Anyone else have this happen in middle of texting, press any key on keypad and screen turns off, or the power men comes up

press power, unlock device .. continue to type txt and it happens again

have tried checking my hand postions, not touching power key

anyone?

lougreen03

Reaction score
Check and see if the "in pocket detection" is on. My phone did this too and I unchecked that in the settings/display menu and it quit.

Rory.Gibb

Reaction score
I'll second disabling "in pocket detection", my droid screen would shut off any time my hand got close to the sensor near earpiece speaker.

I also had one other experience to share, on the remote possibility it may apply... I installed Go Locker as a replacement for the stock screen locking app. I love the app, however after a reboot, it appears as though both screen lockers are running, with Go Locker responding to touch but the stock locker ignoring it. The result is my screen will time out, go dark and/or display the stock screen locker. Killing Go Locker task once seems to work around the problem.

Hope you find a solution to this problem.

krys2012

Reaction score
Mine does the same thing except it does it when i try to play games, text, go to the browser or anything like that...i hope disabling the in my pocket thing works bc i really love this phone and would hate to think its crap.

miniar

Reaction score
Try Screebl app!!!

I have found this app very handy, it lets you set parameters as to when to keep the screen on no matter what. You can adjust angle, time and other parameters.

4low4fun

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem with my DROID 2. I had downloaded a P2P mp3 app off if the market. By simply deleting the app the problem went away. I forget what the app was called but the icon was of a smiley face with devil horns..