Screen replacement??

apennell5040

Reaction score
My screen is badly cracked I ordered a replacement screen and now I don't no how to get the old one off. Please help!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Phergy

Reaction score
Not for the faint of heart. I've disassembled numerous phones and pdas, but this one looks tough. Several pieces that appear to be ruined once removed. Good luck!

Motorola Droid 2 Teardown - iFixit
[video=youtube;BUXSmlwUC9Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXSmlwUC9Q]YouTube - ‪Motorola Droid 2 A955 Take Apart & Disassembly Guide‬‏[/video]

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I checked that site out last week just out of curiosity. It hurt to see my precious d2 in pieces like that. Haha

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

Phergy

Reaction score
I dropped my phone over the weekend and put some major (cosmetic only) scratches in the body. I was considering swapping out some parts, but I'm not sure it is worth the work. Now I'm looking for some touch up paint that will match.

amujee

Reaction score

cellularknowledge

Reaction score
you can buy a digitizer for about $15.00, also YouTube has a few videos on how to accurately replace everything and the tools you will need to do so Amazon.com: Droid

YouTube : [video=youtube;AlaPO17gcXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlaPO17gcXg[/video]

S

shooting

Although there are many videos on YouTube, replacing the screen needs some technique skills. Just do it as careful as possible.

boomerbuggs

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone can answer this question but here goes, my phone worked all day yesterday and when I got in my vehicle it would not turn on and had a small red light on the left side of the phone I had not seen before not the red light that says battery low. When charger put on the clear light is on but the phone still won't turn on. Has this happened to anyone with the droid?