Screen protector not very good

cyrax2768

Reaction score
I bought the screen protector as well for my droid and i have to say, it is not very good because it takes away all the sensitivity for the touch functions so it becomes very hard to do anything on the surface. I kept searching to see if there was a way to increase the sensitivity but i did not see any menu options for that setting. Anyone know if there is one?

texasPI

Reaction score
Are you talking about the privacy screen protector or the generic 3 pack ones? I held off ordering any because I was concerned about what you describe...

OP
C

cyrax2768

Reaction score
The privacy screen protector is what i got, its kinda thick coated plastic so it interferes with the droid sensing your touch. I'm probably going to return it later on today because of that

texasPI

Reaction score
Ah, thanks. I've never had one (screen protector) that I liked so I don't know why I thought this would of been different. Oh well, guess I'll just have to be super careful!

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got the real screen protector the 3 pack and they are just like they are on every other phone. But i can say, for me it's much needed. The screen is a disaster zone for fingerprints and everything.

DavidS

Reaction score
Privacy Protectors

Just got back from the Verizon store. The privacy protectors are defective, the plastic is too thick.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow that sucks. Well the screen proctors are not defective, just to let you know. Work well.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
I ordered the Zagg screen protector. Hopefully will be shipped today. Will give a review when I get it.

elbono75

Reaction score
Yeah the privacy one is too thick... I am going to use the regular ones.. they stopped selling them at the Verizon I went too.

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Me too. I did not realize that there are 2 sides you have to peel off.. I peefled of the first side and put it on the phone..then I peeled just the stick not the entire protector. It works ok for me.. (3 pack from Verizon)

BiggDogg

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I was contemplating ordering the screen protectors from the VZW website, but I think I'll just order from Zagg today.

Zippster

Reaction score
Yeah the privacy one is too thick... I am going to use the regular ones.. they stopped selling them at the Verizon I went too.

Myself and my son both got the privacy screen protectors from the Verizon store and they are very thick and REALLY kill the touch. Which store quit selling them?

ahampton2k

Reaction score
Just posted somewhere else VZW screen protector is hella bad....not recommended!

Edit: Guess the one I pick was a privacy protector so I guess that is why it is so thick....my bad...