Screen protector Issue

MoEvil

Reaction score
Hello all, after talking with a sales associate I purchased my Bionic, extended battery and some screen protectors from my local Verizon store and thought all was good with my phone until I started comparing it to my wife's. She had bought the same package as me, phone, ext. battery and protectors but the quality of her screen was so much brighter and cleaner looking then mine that I thought maybe there was something wrong with my screen, it was all blurry and very fuzzy looking compared to hers.. turns out that the sales associate that I talked to forgot to mention that there is more then one kind of screen protector you can buy, so when my wife got her bionic she had the standard screen protector installed but mine on the other hand had gotten the screen protector with anti glare.. so after taking my bionic back into the store and having them change me over to the standard protector all I can say is.. wow this is the phone I have been waiting for super fast and now a very beautiful screen to match.

Tossed in a couple of pics of the protectors and phones mine is on the bottom before I had the protector switched out.

Attachments

• IMG_20110910_161543.jpg
    IMG_20110910_161543.jpg
    765.7 KB · Views: 667
  • IMG_20110910_161725.jpg
    IMG_20110910_161725.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 764
Reaction score
Guess I'll be heading back to the Verizon store tomorrow. I hate the way my screen looks & it wasn't like that in the store. I just looked & I have the antiglare protectors. :(

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Crazed_Z06

Reaction score
Guess I'll be heading back to the Verizon store tomorrow. I hate the way my screen looks & it wasn't like that in the store. I just looked & I have the antiglare protectors. :(

Yup.. I made a thread about this yesterday.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/170425-verizon-screen-protectors.html

I just took mine off and.. "WOW" .. The display is actually very nice. Those anti-glare protectors completely ruin the phone's display.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Yep those anti-glare screen guards cause more trouble than they are worth! The stock one is perfect, especially after nice lady @ Verizon put it on for me.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

hqm2009

Reaction score

Try to get more kinds of screen protector,and you will choose the proper one

rumblee1

Reaction score
I had the same issue but new it was the screen protector all along. After a day I swapped mine out and the tonic screen, WOW.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Renae

Reaction score
I like how the anti glare ones feel, my ginger can slide better with swype. I noticed the pixelation issue after people kept whining about it. Now I see it badly on bright greens, the anti glare protectors sort of disfigure it enough that it doesn't bother me. I had taken it off to see the difference and I had as problem swyping with the protector off. Are the normal ones matte finish or smooth?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BePrepared

Reaction score
After going to FOUR different Verizon stores, I finally found one that had regular screen protectors for my Bionic. Man, does it ever make a difference. Anti-glare ones SUCK.

eadams1975

Reaction score
The bionic has gorilla glass. Pretty much eliminate the need for a screen cover

Reaction score
Everyone has different tastes. The anti-glare does take away from the look of the screen but I love the way it feels. I tried the regular and prefer the anti-glare.