Screen orientation will not change

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanwelks

Reaction score
I just activated my droid and am noticing when I start with it in a vertical orientation and switch to horizontal, it does not change, I have to slide out the keyboard, and even after that, when I put the keyboard back in, it goes back vertical while it is still horizontal.

What is going on?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
nothing : )

thats the way it's supposed to work.

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
This makes no sense.

Sometime when I rotate it from vertical to horizontal it changes.

Other times I have to pull out the keyboard. It seems to not change when I am looking at the desktop. When I am in an app it seems to rotate more often.

If that is the way it is supposed to work, how do you switch to horizontal mode when looking at the desktop after starting in a vertical orientation?

Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
when you open an app, browser etc it rotates but when you are on your homescreen with nothing open it will not.

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
Thanks. Guess I just got to get use to it.

So is it not intended to be viewed in horizontal mode when viewing the home screen unless you have the keyboard out?

Thanks!

OP
S

stanwelks

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Any idea what the logic behind that is? Why do they want you to open the keyboard to view home screen horizontally?

checker555

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Any idea what the logic behind that is? Why do they want you to open the keyboard to view home screen horizontally?
Not sure what their logic is, but if you put it in one of the docks, you do get horizontal mode. Maybe they want you to buy the docks. LOL.

moozicmon

Reaction score
I need to set the record straight here. The home screen DID rotate to landscape mode when the phone turned. It does not do this anymore due to an OTA update or software glitch of some sort.

I purchased my phone 11/9 and I specifically remember the home screen changing orientation based on the the way the phone was held. About a week later or so, I noticed that the phone no longer would do this.

In short, the phone CAN and DID perform this function, Motorola chose to limit this for some reason...which I would LOVE to find out

Donkey Hodie

Reaction score
I need to set the record straight here. The home screen DID rotate to landscape mode when the phone turned. It does not do this anymore due to an OTA update or software glitch of some sort.

I purchased my phone 11/9 and I specifically remember the home screen changing orientation based on the the way the phone was held. About a week later or so, I noticed that the phone no longer would do this.

In short, the phone CAN and DID perform this function, Motorola chose to limit this for some reason...which I would LOVE to find out

Nope. Sorry, you're wrong. It does not rotate to landscape mode on the home screen with the keyboard closed. You can spin it till you turn pink and it'll stay the same.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Nope. Sorry, you're wrong. It does not rotate to landscape mode on the home screen with the keyboard closed. You can spin it till you turn pink and it'll stay the same.
+1 ... it will rotate in the settings menu and other apps with the keyboard closed but not on the home screen.

moozicmon

Reaction score

Nope. Sorry, YOU'RE wrong. Do a search of the web and you will see many users are reporting that the phone will still rotate the home screen in landscape mode. Not to mention you will see many threads lamenting the fact that the phone USED to perform this function, however now stays locked in portrait.

Need more proof?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTYYQtxZ_k[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.