Screen lockup durring calls

Jeff5886

Reaction score
No matter what setting I keep my phone on, the screen will lockup after I make a call and put the phone to my face. As soon as the phone hits my face, the screen turns black. Cool. But then when I go to end the call and take the phone away from my face, the screen is locked. So I have to unlock the phone and then end it. That is complete garbage. I have tested this with all screen time out settings from 15 seconds to 10 min. Doesn't fix it. Tried Screebl, didn't fix it. Yes I have searched lots of threads. Any thoughts.

Jeff

Enter

Reaction score
It is a bug and I have not been able to find a fix. However, there is a widget in the market place called ScreenMode. Download it and add it to your home screen.

rocketman45

Reaction score
No matter what setting I keep my phone on, the screen will lockup after I make a call and put the phone to my face. As soon as the phone hits my face, the screen turns black. Cool. But then when I go to end the call and take the phone away from my face, the screen is locked. So I have to unlock the phone and then end it. That is complete garbage. I have tested this with all screen time out settings from 15 seconds to 10 min. Doesn't fix it. Tried Screebl, didn't fix it. Yes I have searched lots of threads. Any thoughts.

Jeff

I have the same problem but just intermittently. Usually all I have to do is bump the power button and the screen comes back to life without actually having do unlock again.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is not normal behavior. When a call is in progress it is supposed to disable the lock screen by default.
You may need to take a look at your apps, if anything has changed since a certain one was installed. If not... a factory reset might be in order... because then it's a trip to VZW.... because your lock screen should not function while on a call.

OP
J

Jeff5886

Reaction score
Also if my phone is locked and I receive a call, it rings and I STILL have to unlock it beofre I can answer it. Any clue how to fix that?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you got a App causing the problem. A factory restore and then check to see if you're still having a problem. If you are then return the phone for a new one.

jco

Reaction score
I was having this same problem and found that Handcent was causing my issues.... If you have the application, just got to settings>applications>running services and kill off the Hancent services. They will come back eventually and it does not affect you getting your txt messages, but something with the services causes the lock screen to come up when the display times out.