Screen lock app doesn't want stay away

n0m0n

Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded and have been trying to use Screen Mode Widget for a while now and every few hours it defaults itself back to Sleep Auto, even thought I have REPEATEDLY set it to Awake Stay.
My MotoDroid isn't powering off I go through the day and it just switches back.
I have tried to email the develpoer but he has not responded in weeks.

The app creates a widget on your screen that allows you to easily choose 3 modes:

1) Sleep Auto: Device functions as normal
2) Awake Stay: Device won't lock but screen will turn off
3) Screen Stay: Device won't lock and screen will stay on

Anyone know what I could be going on and how to get it to stay on Awake Stay?

Thanks

BzB

Reaction score
been using screenmodewidget for a while now and i've had this issue very rarely, maybe once a week or so. i usually just set it to awake stay and then clear the icon from the notification bar. if you figure it out let us know...

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
been using screenmodewidget for a while now and i've had this issue very rarely, maybe once a week or so. i usually just set it to awake stay and then clear the icon from the notification bar. if you figure it out let us know...

If you clear it off the notification bar then you wouldn't know that it switched back to Sleep Auto.

BzB

Reaction score

If you clear it off the notification bar then you wouldn't know that it switched back to Sleep Auto.

I think you would because the lock screen would appear when waking up the phone.

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hello,
I downloaded and have been trying to use Screen Mode Widget for a while now and every few hours it defaults itself back to Sleep Auto, even thought I have REPEATEDLY set it to Awake Stay.
My MotoDroid isn't powering off I go through the day and it just switches back.
I have tried to email the develpoer but he has not responded in weeks.

The app creates a widget on your screen that allows you to easily choose 3 modes:

1) Sleep Auto: Device functions as normal
2) Awake Stay: Device won't lock but screen will turn off
3) Screen Stay: Device won't lock and screen will stay on

Anyone know what I could be going on and how to get it to stay on Awake Stay?

Thanks

n0m0n - I had this problem when I first downloaded the app. It wouldn't stay where I set it. What worked for me was to set it on my preference (Awake Stay) and then reboot the phone. Has been staying set ever since (about ten days now) even after a reboot. Hope that helps.

delaen

Reaction score
Mine resets about 10 times per day. It also doesn't honor the "don't show notification" setting.

I dislike this application nearly as much as the lock screen. Please Google, just add the option to the OS.

funken

Reaction score
Mine resets about 10 times per day. It also doesn't honor the "don't show notification" setting.

I dislike this application nearly as much as the lock screen. Please Google, just add the option to the OS.

Mine used to do it once every 3 days (which was ok), but after I updated, it resets constantly.

funken

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/22838-mylock-market-skip-lock-screen.html

alternative to Screen Mode Widget. It's not for everyone, but worth a look.

ScreenModeWidget:
Pros-
One widget to easily toggle between settings.
Works with pattern lockscreen
You can use the camera button to wake the screen which is in a more convenient position.
Doesn't show lockscreen when it wakes up.

Cons-
Used to reset every few days. Now it resets every 10 times you wake it up.
Ugly widget with stupid names for the settings.
No option to turn off side buttons which wake the phone.

MyLock
Pros-
Works as far as I can tell
Developer seems to care

Cons-
Doesn't do the things in the pros section of SMW.
No option to turn on side buttons.
Shows lockscreen when waking up.

funken

Reaction score
Here's how to get SMW working again:

1. Trash widget
2. Unistall widget
3. Reinstall widget
4. Use as normal

BzB

Reaction score
my smw also acted funky after they released the 2/22 update. just uninstalled the new and reinstalled the old from a backup. works perfectly again. :) not sure what the update was for anyway.

funken i'll try your idea with the updated version and see if it works...

bernilynn

Reaction score
my smw also acted funky after they released the 2/22 update. just uninstalled the new and reinstalled the old from a backup. works perfectly again. :) not sure what the update was for anyway.

I did the same thing- reinstalled the old one from a backup. Please let me know if that works with the new version-

Thanks, Berni

OP
n0m0n

n0m0n

Reaction score
Yesterdays update seems to have addressed this issue.
At least for me.

BzB

Reaction score

I did the same thing- reinstalled the old one from a backup. Please let me know if that works with the new version-

Thanks, Berni

it worked!