screen failure?

cycopathic

Reaction score
well, i seem to be having an issue. and this just started a few days ago. whenever i receive a text message (i use handcent) the screen will act like it wants to turn on, but it does not. the homescreen buttons ligt up, but nothing else. when i go to hit the unlock button, the screen will not come on. or at some times, it will but be completely unresponsive. it also has happened while typing. the screen will freeze, fade out like the normal screen timeout does, but it wont come back. in order to get everything back working i have to remove the battery. sometimes..that doesn't even work. i really don't wanna have to send the phone in. i just want to know if there is a fix to this.

thanks in advance.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
On my ally when I used handsent it used to make half my screen not work. I figured out how to fix it by holding in my home button till my recent apps menu appeared then it would be ok.

I kno it was handsent cuz it didn't start till I put it in and has never happened since I switched to a different one

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

OP
cycopathic

cycopathic

Reaction score
On my ally when I used handsent it used to make half my screen not work. I figured out how to fix it by holding in my home button till my recent apps menu appeared then it would be ok.

I kno it was handsent cuz it didn't start till I put it in and has never happened since I switched to a different one

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

but the thing is..my screen wont turn on. no buttons are active or anything

D

dankarlinski

or has anyone ever experienced this? its getting pretty annoying.

your running a custom rom, correct?

i had this EXACT SAME issue a device ago... turned out to be an issue with the rom install.

what i did was.

- redownload ROM
- Boot to Recovery
- Wipe data
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik
- Clear Battery Stats
- Mount system and Data
- Install Rom

then, i did the same steps AGAIN, and it worked. my issue was something in the cache kept locking it up.

try using the Fission Rom. it is the most stable D2 ROM ive used and gives great support, battery life, and customization

OP
cycopathic

cycopathic

Reaction score
or has anyone ever experienced this? its getting pretty annoying.

your running a custom rom, correct?

i had this EXACT SAME issue a device ago... turned out to be an issue with the rom install.

what i did was.

- redownload ROM
- Boot to Recovery
- Wipe data
- Wipe Cache
- Wipe Dalvik
- Clear Battery Stats
- Mount system and Data
- Install Rom

then, i did the same steps AGAIN, and it worked. my issue was something in the cache kept locking it up.

try using the Fission Rom. it is the most stable D2 ROM ive used and gives great support, battery life, and customization

that would be worth a shot...if my phone was rooted. :)
sorry, should have mentioned that

D

dankarlinski

try uninstalling handcent for a few days and see if it happens.... it might be an app issue.

D

dankarlinski

no prob. post back here with your results. if you can confirm its handcent, write the developer an email

OP
cycopathic

cycopathic

Reaction score
one question before i uninstall handcent. i never used the stock messaging app..and i have many saved messages. will those remain saved?

D

dankarlinski

i honestly dont know. if your phone was rooted, i would tell you to make a backup first, but you arnt...

i am not sure either way if they are saved or not

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Handsent is a messaging extenttion app. Uninstalling it will not affect any messages

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

OP
cycopathic

cycopathic

Reaction score
Handsent is a messaging extenttion app. Uninstalling it will not affect any messages

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

okay. the only reason i asked is when i went into the stock messaging app..i didn't see the little lock pad for the messages.

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
If u mean for locking messages u should b able to hit menu then lock on a message

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

D

dankarlinski

If u mean for locking messages u should b able to hit menu then lock on a message

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<

actually, to lock a message, you neeed to go into the thread, and long press the message you want to lock. you will have the option to lock that single message... you can do this with any message you want to keep