sbf'd and still no touch capabilities

jewish_

Reaction score
So here is my entire issue.

I was rooted and running Liberty. Was having issues with my touch screen not working while the keyboard was open and then the phone started having issues with the touch screen not working at all.

Rooted using z4, not overclocked at all, had Liberty running with launcher Pro.

Uninstalled all applications that may have been causing problems. still did it.

went about sbf'ing the phone using TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat and still have no touch screen. I'm out of warranty so im trying to find a way around getting a new phone.

My thing is i think I may have sbf'ed wrong. I wasn't sure how to go about the drivers bit. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

I was rooted and running Liberty. Was having issues with my touch screen not working while the keyboard was open and then the phone started having issues with the touch screen not working at all.

went about sbf'ing the phone using TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat and still have no touch screen. I'm out of warranty so im trying to find a way around getting a new phone.

My thing is i think I may have sbf'ed wrong. I wasn't sure how to go about the drivers bit. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

OK, what happened when you sbf'd. Could you see your phone on the computer?

OP
J

jewish_

Reaction score

OK, what happened when you sbf'd. Could you see your phone on the computer?

so downloaded the full sbf file, the driver and rsd. rsd recognized the phone and i flashed the sbf. then told me to manually reboot. did that and now i am at the registry screen where it wants me to touch the android to start and I can't touch.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Ok read over this.....if the bsf didn't work you wouldn't be at the activation screen, so you're good there. This sounds like a hardware issue, and you're not out of warranty for that. 1yr on hardware, the 30 days is for you to decide if you like it or not.

You can try a 30 sec battery pull, but if that doesn't work I would take it back and tell them your touch screen died. You should get a new replacement, not a refurb.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
J

jewish_

Reaction score
Ok read over this.....if the bsf didn't work you wouldn't be at the activation screen, so you're good there. This sounds like a hardware issue, and you're not out of warranty for that. 1yr on hardware, the 30 days is for you to decide if you like it or not.

You can try a 30 sec battery pull, but if that doesn't work I would take it back and tell them your touch screen died. You should get a new replacement, not a refurb.

Sent from somewhere...
i got the phone from asurion as a replacement for my droid 1, so I am out of warranty. Asurion wont replace the phone unless there is physical damage or it is lost/stolen so..

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
There is a 1yr manufactures warranty on all motorola phones. Its still under warranty. Trust me take it in, you won't have to pay a deductible. The warranty starts from the day you got it and there's no year old D2s anyways.

Sent from somewhere...

OP
J

jewish_

Reaction score
the initial verizon guy I talked to said there was no warranty, called them again and alas, warranty. new phone should be here thursday. Thanks guys

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Glad to hear it got resolved. It may be a pain but sometimes you gotta try a couple times and push to get them to do the right thing.

Sent from somewhere...