Sbf gone wrong! Help please

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
okay so im not NEW to droids but ive made a stupid mistake and dunno what to do... maybe you all can help :D

went to sbf my phone to get it runnin prime again :D and was insuck a rush i:
1. didnt charge my battery completely, (thinking it would charge through usb) and
2. didnt wipe cache/data/del/batt...

i get a message saying flash failed after it executes all the way and my phone says:
corrupt code
cannot program

battery low

... obviously i understand the battery low part but can i still use my wall charger to charge enough to perform a successful sbf? any/all help is appreciated..

- 2Tdancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nope you canteen charge like that. Need to find another way than using your phone like an external one.

Sent from my DROIDX

sid_wisc

Reaction score
okay so im not NEW to droids but ive made a stupid mistake and dunno what to do... maybe you all can help :D

went to sbf my phone to get it runnin prime again :D and was insuck a rush i:
1. didnt charge my battery completely, (thinking it would charge through usb) and
2. didnt wipe cache/data/del/batt...

i get a message saying flash failed after it executes all the way and my phone says:
corrupt code
cannot program

battery low

... obviously i understand the battery low part but can i still use my wall charger to charge enough to perform a successful sbf? any/all help is appreciated..

- 2Tdancedroid
Happened with me as well so you are not alone.... You will have to charge using other means, like using a different phone (I used my old D1) or get a charger last you may take it to a verizon store and pursue them to charge it for you if they can do it......

Coming to your question about phone showing corrupt code, you need to update your motorola driver on the computer, once you update that you will have no problem in completing the SBF. After the SBF go to the stock recovery by pressing X while powering the phone on and then pressing magnifying glass on the keyboard wipe cache and clear the data (twice) and restart... You should be good to go!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
OP
T

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
the only way?

thats the only possible way? charge my battery remotely and then sbf again? for some reason i think its gonna say code corrupt and Cannot Program still... just the battery low is gonna go away.

did i permabrick it or still somewhat soft brick??

thanks for the quick reply

OP
T

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
you need to update your motorola driver on the computer, once you update that you will have no problem in completing the SBF.

ive already successfully sbf'd my phone on this comp once before. drivers are current and that shouldnt be an issue.... although maybe im missing something stupid and small....

thanks for your replies.

- 2Tdancedroid

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if u get a charged battery and use the correct sbf, theoretically you should have a working phone.

sid_wisc

Reaction score
you need to update your motorola driver on the computer, once you update that you will have no problem in completing the SBF.

ive already successfully sbf'd my phone on this comp once before. drivers are current and that shouldnt be an issue.... although maybe im missing something stupid and small....

thanks for your replies.

- 2Tdancedroid
Like I said that the 'corrupt code' error happened with me and as soon as I updated the drivers it worked like a charm.... Hope you are using the RSD lite 4.9 and motorola drivers from moto website USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA... If you have the correct SBF and the correct drivers with atleast 70% charge it should work, never had an issue in my 5 time flashing (other than yesterday with old driver issue)........

Last edited: