Samsung Trademarks The Term "BeastMode"

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It looks like Samsung may be getting ready to rollout a new feature dubbed "BeastMode". This may in fact be a new feature in the upcoming Galaxy S8. We have already seen a Games and High-Performance mode in the Nougat update for the Galaxy S7. BeastMode has been trademarked by Samsung in the EU. If the S8 comes with this mode it may mean that the device is crippled out of the box (throttled down) to save on battery. BeastMode could potentially unlock the power the internals are actually capable of. The S8 is expected to release with the Snapdragon 835 in key markets like North America and the latest Exynos chip in the other regions. These chips are built using the 10nm process and should be more efficient without decreasing performance. If the S8 comes with the rumored 8GB of RAM Beastmode could be used to enable all 8GB of storage and change the incredibly aggressive Ram management to allow for better multitasking. This could be the first Samsung device to beat an iPhone in a youtube speed test!

via GalaxyClub

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Only beast mode I know.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Beardface

Reaction score
The Seahawks had an opportunity to take BeastMode and run with it, but they decided to pass.

In all seriousness, we'll probably see Lynch as an integral part of the advertising of the 2017 line for Samsung.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Samsung's been watching too much Evangelion.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
huh I was under the impression that Lynch had already done this... Didn't really matter to me to look it up.

interesting move samsung

shockracer

Reaction score
I don't want a setting that let's me use a phone to it fullest. I want a phone that works up to its maximum potential automagicly! If I am worried about battery level I'll then take action with the power saver settings.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't want a setting that let's me use a phone to it fullest. I want a phone that works up to its maximum potential automagicly! If I am worried about battery level I'll then take action with the power saver settings.
Until now Samsung phones had full power mode out of the box with the ability to cut performance with a little thing called "power save mode".
I guess Beast Mode will be like their ultra bright direct sunlight mode on current models. You can see the screen well in direct sunlight but it'll kill your battery in minutes instead of hours.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4

<><