Samsung S3 Not providing updated information

atomarchio

Reaction score
I am noticing that my S3 is not updating as quickly as I would like. My Facebook app is about 3 days old. The weather also a day old. Is there any setting I should change to have all of my data as current as possible? Please help. Thanks.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are you dealing with the weather widget that's stock on the phone? Or another app?

And the FB app... well... it just kinda sucks from what I've heard. I haven't had FB for awhile, but what you're describing was always a problem when we did have it.

OP
A

atomarchio

Reaction score
The stock weather app that's on the home screen. I am noticing it has not updated in over a day.

How do you get the S3 to provide the recent updated information?

Are you dealing with the weather widget that's stock on the phone? Or another app?

And the FB app... well... it just kinda sucks from what I've heard. I haven't had FB for awhile, but what you're describing was always a problem when we did have it.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well of course I just flashed an AOSP custom ROM, so I can't double check it. But in the settings area (possibly under accounts) there could be somewhere to change how often it updates. It might be in the weather app itself - try clicking on it and seeing if there are settings within the weather app/widget.