Samsung photo gallery tags / keywords on images

happydz

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
sumsang a6+
Hi,

I take a a lot of photos for business and need to tag them to find. Samsung gallery has a great keyword tagging feature. Unfortunate it must store those keywords in a non-standard place because no other Android/windows app can see those tags. I need a way to tag photos that will be searchable on PC and with other apps.
Does anybody know where those tags are stored and if there are other apps that search & tag in the same place?
Or does anyone else have this need and found an app that works for them?

Thanks,

R

RETG

I'll assume your tagging is going to the same place the standard photo info tagged by the phone (or for any photo taken with a digital camera) is located.
Photo info is located in the EXIF (exchangeable image file) attached to the photo. If you to open the photo in the app, look for details; on the app I use it has three dots, click on those three dots, and it opens up a menu; click on details. There will be limited info such as f-stop, speed, iso, white balance; however, more info can be found by an actual EXIF reader.
Go to "Online Exif Viewer" and load a file and it will show you all the info from the EXIF file.

R

RETG

Wow, spend time doing a reply and no answer.
I knew this site was dead, but this is ludicrous.
I'll head out....no need to return.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
We get plenty of first time posters don't answer the replies ...same as our other forums