Samsung Gear S2 Smartwatch Launched in the US Today

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
GearS2_white_Main.jpg

For folks who were impressed by Samsung's newest smartwatch creation, the Gear S2, today is the day it will become available for purchase in the US. Despite it being a Tizen-powered device, instead of Android Wear, it still has some fascinating perks, including a rotating bezel, that can scroll through control functions like media volume and more. Also, the Gear S2 can work with any Android device with KitKat or higher.

The Samsung Gear S2 starts at $299 with a $349 "classic" version coming soon. For more info, here's Sammy's source link: Samsung Gear S2 Hits Shelves Today

We have a video in the thread below to check out as well.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've got a buddy wants the 3g model but it's not out yet here. He was willing to settle for the classic but it ain't out yet either and no-one could tell him when they're slated to hit the stores. Both Best Buy and Verizon are where he tried.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I want GPS, so I have to wait for the 3G. Sounds like it is due out late fall, I'm guessing maybe just in time for Black Friday.

I don't really care about voice capability, but I'd like to have the choice with the Huwaei watch since it's LTE and runs Androidwear. To me, really Androidwear vs. the rotating bezel.

The flat-tired Moto Sport might be something I choose based on price over the other two.

But Huwaei and Moto Sport are rumored not releasing until Q1. I've been getting lazy - need this watch to re-energize my commitment to the gym.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What is this 'flat tire' that I keep reading about with the Moto?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Unless someone comes out with another ginormous one like my S1 I'll probably just go back to a fitness band once it dies. These sub 1.8" ones do me no good other than my steps,hr, or other large font things. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
What is this 'flat tire' that I keep reading about with the Moto?

It's the bottom part of the Moto 360 screen..

6071647977e8084d732ffa2013a40846.jpg

Unless someone comes out with another ginormous one like my S1 I'll probably just go back to a fitness band once it dies. These sub 1.8" ones do me no good other than my steps,hr, or other large font things. My eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
I hear ya brother.. Go big! I'm with ya.. Though I'm looking to see which will be my next watch.. I'm looking for a sport model

NexusSix

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's the bottom part of the Moto 360 screen..

6071647977e8084d732ffa2013a40846.jpg

I hear ya brother.. Go big! I'm with ya.. Though I'm looking to see which will be my next watch.. I'm looking for a sport model

NexusSix
I've got 16" biceps and lower arms that are proportional. A sport watch looks like a liver spot on my wrist lol.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I've got 16" biceps and lower arms that are proportional. A sport watch looks like a liver spot on my wrist lol.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4
Haha.. I went to BestBuy to check the watch out.. Way too small for my taste.. I had it next to my 360 (1st gen) it looked so small.. Other than the bezel turning I didn't like the band or the color black..

S6E+ tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Haha.. I went to BestBuy to check the watch out.. Way too small for my taste.. I had it next to my 360 (1st gen) it looked so small.. Other than the bezel turning I didn't like the band or the color black..

Interesting....Any idea if the Moto Sport will be the same size? As a fitness device, too small of a screen can definitely be a deal breaker.

I'm looking forward to reviews of the Urbane LTE 2nd edition (or whatever it's called)....not that LTE vs. 3G probably matters on a watch, but the Androidwear ecosystem would seem preferable to Tizen. But Tizen works with other Android phones and, again, it's a watch and how many apps are you going to use?

I just feel like the rotating bezel is genius and will ultimately provide a superior UI, especially when apps take advantage of it.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Interesting....Any idea if the Moto Sport will be the same size? As a fitness device, too small of a screen can definitely be a deal breaker.

I'm looking forward to reviews of the Urbane LTE 2nd edition (or whatever it's called)....not that LTE vs. 3G probably matters on a watch, but the Androidwear ecosystem would seem preferable to Tizen. But Tizen works with other Android phones and, again, it's a watch and how many apps are you going to use?

I just feel like the rotating bezel is genius and will ultimately provide a superior UI, especially when apps take advantage of it.

I agree.. Love the bezel.. I think it's a winner idea and from the video review he mentioned the interface was fast.. Also like you I'm looking forward to comparing to Moto Sport when it releases.. More apps coming with Tizen.. I don't overdue watch apps so I'm good that way... It felt small but I'm so used to larger watches too.. And I was wearing the Moto lol..

S6E+ tapatalk

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I stopped in at Best Buy last night to check it out. They one they have on display is the 30.5 model. Perfect for my small wrists! Tried the new Motorola as well, and the ladies version was still too large.
I love the clicking of the bezel. Very satisfying lol