Samsung Galaxy Note 6 Rumored to be Coming in July with Android N

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Note-6-white.jpg

The hot Samsung rumor for today is that the Galaxy Note 6 will be coming early this year. Supposedly Sammy will release the Note 6 as soon as July. The rumor includes another juicy tidbit. Not only will the phone be coming early, but it will be the first Samsung device to include Android N from the factory.

What do you folks think? Is this a legitimate possibility, or just wishful thinking?

Here's our dedicated Samsung Galaxy Note 6 section for further discussion: Samsung Galaxy Note 6

Source: SamMobile

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll put this next to the att note 5 marshmallow update rumor considering it is coming from the same source. (talking about SamMobile not DG)

Wouldn't that be some stuff. That Samsung releases the note 6 early with N and my note 5 still stuck on lollipop?

The note 6 may arrive early, doubt it, but N will not. N will be released with the next nexus and not a note. Unless the note 6 is secretly a Google nexus note. Hey you heard it here first Google nexus note with N coming this summer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I will not even consider another Samsung product until they get rid of that glass back crap. Note 4 was last good phone...keeping mine until I can see the new moto X,

whippleman

Reaction score
I will not even consider another Samsung product until they get rid of that glass back crap. Note 4 was last good phone...keeping mine until I can see the new moto X,
I absolutely love the glass back :p. Such a beautiful device, the Edge that is.

EyeOWA

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I absolutely love the glass back :p. Such a beautiful device, the Edge that is.
I haven't owned one, ....but I don't like the idea! Always keep it in a case, so my argument becomes bunk.:(

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I just never know with Samsung..nothing really surprises me with them. They do plenty of off the wall things that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Note 6 this summer

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just never know with Samsung..nothing really surprises me with them. They do plenty of off the wall things that I wouldn't be surprised to see the Note 6 this summer
Eh maybe, but just not with N. Just don't seem Samsung like to release a phone with N beta and touchwood.

Then again that could be their excuse why touchwood is so buggy.

As far as an unlocked bootloader, ha, as Samsung would say "yeah we already snuffed that fire, the number of people complaining about bootloaders are shrinking so much so that some of those same people have even picked up iPhones".

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Notes have traditionally been the latest S series with extra goodies inside. I'll be really surprised if the next Note does NOT have the glass back, especially since the S7 has been a hit. If they release the Note6 earlier it'll be due to lack of sales of the S6 and Note5.
I agree the Note4 is a monster of a phone and I really have no interest at this point in the 6 no matter what it brings or changes.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

Miller6386

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Twitter
CoreyFMiller
There are a few features of the 5 I hope come to the 4 with Marshmellow. Mainly just scrolling screen shots.

But I agree the 6 will have to have a pretty good wow factor for me to leave my Note 4.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
What happened to the Note 7??

Since I have 6.0.1 and the wonderful Note 4 with it's leather like back the next one will need to be fantastic to be my next phone!

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
What happened to the Note 7??

Since I have 6.0.1 and the wonderful Note 4 with it's leather like back the next one will need to be fantastic to be my next phone!
This thread was started before we knew that the Note 6 will be changed to the Note 7.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
One of these days I will learn to read the dates on posts - well probably not.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'll put this next to the att note 5 marshmallow update rumor considering it is coming from the same source. (talking about SamMobile not DG)

Wouldn't that be some stuff. That Samsung releases the note 6 early with N and my note 5 still stuck on lollipop?

The note 6 may arrive early, doubt it, but N will not. N will be released with the next nexus and not a note. Unless the note 6 is secretly a Google nexus note. Hey you heard it here first Google nexus note with N coming this summer.

July is here and nougat hasn't even left beta for the Nexus yet. Technically we have 30 more days in this month so Samsung could surprise us.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This thread was started before we knew that the Note 6 will be changed to the Note 7.
Yeah but it's nice to see how rumors actually pan out. I say we take a tally to see how many of these rumors these sources get right.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk