Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB GSM canceled according to online retailers

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
galaxy-nexus-hands-on-14-AndroidCommunity-540x392.jpg

Adding to further speculation that Samsung could be phasing out the 32GB Galaxy Nexus is the news that some online retailers have received cancellation orders from Samsung on the GSM version of the device. Many would-be Galaxy Nexus owners have been waiting since the device was announced for the unlocked 32GB version, only to find they’ve been waiting in vain.

Expansys-USA mentioned in a comment,

We’ve just been notified this morning that Samsung have dropped the Galaxy Nexus 32GB from production. At this time it looks like they will not be releasing it. Not good news at all.

Corey
EXPANSYS-USA

But all hope isn’t lost. It’s possible Samsung could be diverting shipments of the 32GB G-Nex to other major carriers, saving them for a big launch like when the device is officially released on Sprint later this year. Who knows, maybe even T-Mo and AT&T will get some as well? Okay, it sounds farfetched, but seeing how Verizon could soon be switching to the 16GB only version, it’s starting to all make sense.
If this news pans out, will a 16GB only version of the Galaxy Nexus really change anyone’s plans on picking up the device if/when it launches on their carrier?

SOURCE: Samsung Galaxy Nexus 32GB GSM canceled according to online retailers | Android Community

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
As much as I love the Nexus, I'm not sure I could be satisfied with only 16GB internal storage. I bet if this is true, a lot of would-be Nexus owners go with a new phone. I know that I'd at least have to think about the possibility if this affected me.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
As much as I love the Nexus, I'm not sure I could be satisfied with only 16GB internal storage. I bet if this is true, a lot of would-be Nexus owners go with a new phone. I know that I'd at least have to think about the possibility if this affected me.

Well from my understanding, this is only affecting the GSM versions.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
I know. Thus why I said "if". :p

Willyammer

Reaction score
Not sure I understand this whole thread. While I love my GN (except for the less-than-stellar battery life), newer, faster phones are already out and about and quad-cores are just around the corner. If I were going to get a new phone today I don't think it would be a GN.

vireya

Reaction score
was just lookin at verizon

re Nexus

BTW, Ive heard bad battery life, bad reception with Nexus

I have the droid incredible, but dont like the small screen

What do you suggest? Droid or Iphone? if Droid, which one?

Thanks

kinfolk248

Reaction score
what the big fuss about quad core phones, yea it sounds good on paper BUTTTTTT........ICS is still only on nexus devices and it was written specifically for dual core phones (GN to be precious) and all these coming quad core phones arent even set up for ICS. and on top of that apps still are kinda shaky with dual core and ICS so i just dont get the quad core hype. just another excuse for manufactures to keep upping the price on their phones to me SO DONT FALL FOR IT GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just my 2 pennies, now let me go do something productive with my life haha lol good day

Willyammer

Reaction score
re Nexus

Thanks
My wife and several coworkers have the iPhone and after having the big, beautiful screen of my GN, I don't know how people can use the smaller screens. BTW, reception has never been a problem for me, for calls or data.

zinethar

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8 and Note 10
If the nexus had only been available in 16gb I would have passed. No I don't use more than 16gb today. But it is not expandable and the amount of storeage used tends to double every 2 years. I want mine to last that long. I love my nexus have an extended battery and get great useage, get great reception, and have been lucky enough to have none of the problems some people always have. Also my pictures beat almost everyone elses, are faster to take, and the panaramic rocks!

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
re Nexus

Thanks
nexus does have bad battery life and reception compared to other android phones(razr maxx in particular). if i were to choose between droid or iphone, i'd go with droid in a heartbeat.

chrischas

Reaction score
Is there still hope?

Samsung's 32GB Galaxy Nexus will Make it to the Ball - International Business Times

[h=1]Samsung's 32GB Galaxy Nexus will Make it to the Ball[/h]

Text Size+-

By ALASTAIR STEVENSON: Subscribe to Alastair's RSS feedFebruary 17, 2012 12:19 PM GMT
234347.jpg
Image Credit: Samsung

Samsung has denied speculation that it will not be releasing a 32GB version of its popular Galaxy Nexus smartphone.

In a statement sent to the International Business Times UK, a Samsung representative clarified that: "Samsung can confirm the Galaxy Nexus 32GB is expected and will be taken through the distribution channels."
Speculation that the Korean tech giant had halted plans to release a new version of the Galaxy Nexus broke on 14 February. The rumour stemmed from a post on the XDA developers blog where an alleged Expansys USA employee stated:
"We've just been notified this morning that Samsung have dropped the Galaxy Nexus 32GB from production. At this time it looks like they will not be releasing it. Not good news at all."

Read more: Samsung's 32GB Galaxy Nexus will Make it to the Ball - International Business Times