Samsung Galaxy Memo Seems Like a Miniaturized Galaxy Note

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Samsung-Galaxy-Memo-rumor-2.jpg

If you like the idea of a stylus equipped smartphone but don't relish the idea of the larger screen sizes of the Galaxy Note series, then Samsung might just have something coming for you in the future. Some leaked info of a device called the Samsung Galaxy Memo shows a phablet like device, but shrunken down to a 4.5-inch display size. Here's a spec breakdown,
  • 4.5 inch Full HD screen (LCD, not Super AMOLED)
  • Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
  • Quad-core 1.4GHz processor
  • 2GB of RAM
  • 8MP rear camera
  • S Pen stylus
Right now there's no guarantee this isn't more than a fan-rendering, but it seems like a legit piece of intel. Is this a device that will find market traction with all of the other competitors out there?

Source: UnWiredView

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
lol @ "phablet-like"....how about "faux phablet" - really rolls off the tongue

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Looks sweet! Wonder if it has the wacom processor of the note 2.....I would love a 5 inch(S4) version of the note 2!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Why wasn't that revealed at their keynote? Or did I miss it?

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I mean...I can buy a stylus that works with any smartphone, even the non-"phablet-like"

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just a rumor for now, and it could be fake. Of course it could also be something they are planning for later on in the year...

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mean...I can buy a stylus that works with any smartphone

Too true, but there could be some other features that make it stand out, right? Perhaps our resident GNote and GNote2 owners can shed some further light on this. Smalltowngirl13? Any input?

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Too true, but there could be some other features that make it stand out, right? Perhaps our resident GNote and GNote2 owners can shed some further light on this. Smalltowngirl13? Any input?

The note 2 has a dedicated wacom processor. It makes the stylus very accurate. Just buying a stylus is not the same at all.

Cintiq 24HD touch Pen Display

I have a medium wacom intuos5 tablet and it is very very very accurate, like pixel accurate.

Im expecting the Note 3 to have an even better wacom processor paired with their octocore processor

Last edited:

djsiva

Reaction score
I mean...I can buy a stylus that works with any smartphone, even the non-"phablet-like"

A regular stylus and a Wacom enabled display/stylus aren't even in the same league. All a regular stylus is doing is providing the change in electrical charge in the capacitive screen that simulates your finger touching the screen. The Wacom integration allows for a lot more features, like just circling items to cut and paste. It's also pressure sensitive so that your handwriting on the screen is more natural, instead of looking like a kindergarten fingerpainting.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

As a poster below said stylus would not even do the note 2 justice compared to what we can do with the s pen. Though I use the s pen probably 10-15% of the time when I do it truly comes in handy and just provide a much better user experience than when I had my old palm treo or htc tilt. Samsung has done a good job with changing the conventional stylus into something that is usable again. Note2 is truly an awesome business phone and for those who do not like the size the samsung galaxy memo (should that rumor be true) will provide a nice alternative for those really wanting a business device.