Same Old Story - Outlook Sync

Monty3038

Reaction score
I've been now through about 50 forum posts, articles on different websites, Microsoft support resources, just about everything I can find.

I still cannot successfully sync my Droid X with Exchange.

I have successfully configured OWA on Exchange. I have enabled OMA on Exchange and can get the droid X to get the activesync settings through OMA, but it will not synchronize.

Now, the following points have already been brought up many times, but here are my issues:
* Disabling SSL is not an effective corporate option in any sense.
* Using CompanionLink will work, if they fix their registration issues, but will not sync live over the air, will only work through the USB connection
* Contacts and items don't sync to the actual droid items, which is fine, but having to run DejaOffice makes the sound stop working properly for notifications

I'd like to hear from people how they are successfully using Exchange Server 2003 with the Droid X and what is actually working vs what is not...

This could turn into a very lengthy discussion and I welcome it... let's hear it!

MsJones

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue as well. I just gave up and downloaded an app to help me out or just log in from the browser.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

freezyfreaky

Reaction score
I've been now through about 50 forum posts, articles on different websites, Microsoft support resources, just about everything I can find.

I have successfully configured OWA on Exchange. I have enabled OMA on Exchange and can get the droid X to get the activesync settings through OMA, but it will not synchronize.

Now, the following points have already been brought up many times, but here are my issues:
* Using CompanionLink will work, if they fix their registration issues, but will not sync live over the air, will only work through the USB connection
* Contacts and items don't sync to the actual droid items, which is fine, but having to run DejaOffice makes the sound stop working properly for notifications

I'd like to hear from people how they are successfully using Exchange Server 2003 with the Droid X and what is actually working vs what is not...

This could turn into a very lengthy discussion and I welcome it... let's hear it!

You should test and make sure that your ActiveSync is configured and working properly on the Exchange server.

https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

Are you using a self-signed SSL certificate? If you are, you may need to install the SSL certificate manually on your phone to get it to work.

matjmonk

Reaction score

I'm using the corporate account option to sync with my work OWA and it works fairly well. I'm just syncing my calendar and contacts since I have a work BB for the email if needed. I had to turn of the verify SSL certificate option since it kept being reported as invalid. I'm using the stock blur email apk and running DS 42 Blur but I've also used this DS 42 blurless and Apex 1.3. Also make sure you enable the Background data and push options in settings.

Last edited:

MsJones

Reaction score
After I posted in this thread I was able to successfully setup my account. I too use an owa server but the problem is my domain was wrong. The domain wasn't obvious at first but I remembered that the domain I use to logon to the network is not the same as the domain to logon to our website. It confused me for almost a month. Once I figured it out I felt stupid lol.

matjmonk

Reaction score
After I posted in this thread I was able to successfully setup my account. I too use an owa server but the problem is my domain was wrong. The domain wasn't obvious at first but I remembered that the domain I use to logon to the network is not the same as the domain to logon to our website. It confused me for almost a month. Once I figured it out I felt stupid lol.

I wouldn't feel too bad, those dang IT wenies (and I R one) can really mess you up! Our folks did something similar to that with our VPN access where I had to remember two different user names/passwords. Fortunately they integrated everything into Active Directory a couple of years ago and now I only need to remember one (which at my age is a good thing!). Now if I could just find a good app to handle my Hotmail account. I can use corporate sync to pull the emails down but it doesn't mark them as read or delete them. I know I could use Google Mail to do this but I don't really like giving them more power than I have to! I've tried several of the apps I've read about but none work like I want. I didn't think this would be a problem since my old BB Storm 1 handled this flawlessly.

Last edited:

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score

I no longer have a DX or any Droid, however have had great success on running exchange. In addition it also ran fine on my G2 and Nand HD2.

When first getting Droid 1 with 2.0 exchange with PIN didn't function. I did invest in Touchdown to solve this issue. Once 2.1 rolled out Touchdown wasn't needed.

Now Motorola configuration on Exchange is different from HTC G2. By this I mean I had enter set up the following on my G2 and now iPhone
Email Address
Server
Domain
username
password

With Motorola the DOMAIN wasn't used. Form My company our Domain was GLOBAL. So in Motorola case we had to enter global/username. Until our company just moved to 2007 exchange Global wasn't that big of deal. However two weeks ago they went to 2007 Exchange and it stop syncing all Droids but not Android. I had a G2 and once the server went live it sync fine.

My company requires pin and SSL Certificate.

When you access your OWA website do you have to use global/username or have you in the past?

Have you tried use Touchdown?

Not sure if anything I stated helps, but I have never had any issues running Pin Secured Exchange on DX and D1.