Safe to root after GB Update?

warped1987

Reaction score
My friend has a DX2 and I was gonna root it with Z4 root and then freeze some of his bloat and other stuff, after I do the GB update on his phone, not sure if he's done it yet.

Is it safe to root his phone? I can't afford to mess up someone elses phone

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
You can't root with z4. You have to root froyo with gingerbreak and then flash the rooted update in clockwork to get to rooted gb. If that's greek, try a quick poke around the x2 forum. Instructions can be found easily.

OP
W

warped1987

Reaction score
You can't root with z4. You have to root froyo with gingerbreak and then flash the rooted update in clockwork to get to rooted gb. If that's greek, try a quick poke around the x2 forum. Instructions can be found easily.

Ok thx, that's a no then, lol, oh well, I can do some stuff for him without rooting to amp up his phone.

Snow02

Reaction score

Ok thx, that's a no then, lol, oh well, I can do some stuff for him without rooting to amp up his phone.

It's seriously not difficult if you take the time to read the instructions.

ashclepdia

Reaction score

Curious what u can do to amp up phone without root