S20 FE - Internet Question

nia07

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
When setting up the FE for my guy (who is coming from a S5!! and not techy at all!) in the initial set up, I saw samsung come up but did not know it was for the samsung browser right away and it looks like that is what it is using to open things... we need Google only so I need to get that off so there is no confusion for him as he needs to signin to some stupid Covid19 verification thing before getting into his building at work. I need it to be on google so I can save passwords and everything for him there. When he used it the past few days it did open in samsung, he had to answer a few things and he did and I now see it in the history it used samsung. How do I change that? I want to get samsung cleared out and disabled and only use google. If he gets to work and the logon permissions or anything is other than straight forward, he will lose his mind and not know how to fix it. I am just not sure how far I went in set up, at one point I realized it was the browser but obviously that was to late. Any help would be great. I have a S7 Edge so that is the latest I know of these galaxies, but I can get around and learn no problem (not that I want to lol !!)

Thanks!!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 4XL
Somewhere in Settings is usually an option to Reset App Preferences. Then when you open Chrome for the first time it should ask if you want to make Chrome your default > select Yes (or whatever the option is in the screen).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Exactly.. Settings/Apps/Samsung Internet /clear default.. Then select Chrome and set to always next time you go into browser..

Caelan Beake

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
samsung note 2
1. On your Android, find Google settings in one of these places (depending on your device): Open your device's Settings app. Scroll down and select Google. ...
2. Tap Apps.
3. Open your default apps: In the top-right, tap Settings . Under 'Default', tap Browser app. ...
4. Tap Chrome .