Rustoleum never wet for the GS3

sierra117

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? I know they have done it for the iphone, right here
[video=youtube_share;DZrjXSsfxMQ]http://youtu.be/DZrjXSsfxMQ?t=3m20s[/video]
but I was wondering if anybody has done it for any other phones. I have a bionic I may test it on before I potentially wreck my GS3, but it looks like a very nice way to waterproof your phone without spending 100 dollars sending it out to liquipel. Could also be used for laptops to prevent coffee spills and what not.

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
Well I bought some today and I'm going to put it on my bionic and see if it holds up. Will be posting a video in a few hours.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Holy Moses!!

This stuff is NUTZ!!

I HAVE to get some.

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
Just wait for my video. It was twenty bucks and can do at least two phones, just have to apply it right

Sent from GS3 Synergy

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
[video=youtube;ZPk6Mm7gLFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPk6Mm7gLFk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The phone is currently in a bag of rice and won't boot. I did subject to being underwater for an extended period of time, and the coating rubs off fairly easy. If you were to completely disassemble your phone and coat the entire circuit board it would work much better. For what it is though, it will definitely save your phone from a quick plunge in a pool or toilet.

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
Phone boots but still moisture inside. Led indicator is going crazy. The never wet coating can be peeled right off. I only recommend using it on the circuitry if it's going to be used at all.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

Tonik

Reaction score
Phone boots but still moisture inside. Led indicator is going crazy. The never wet coating can be peeled right off. I only recommend using it on the circuitry if it's going to be used at all.

Sent from GS3 Synergy

Sorry to hear this, but thank you for taking one for the team.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just wait for my video. It was twenty bucks and can do at least two phones, just have to apply it right

Sent from GS3 Synergy

How long did you let it dry before dunking the phone?
Rustoleum products tout "ready in x number of hours/minutes " but if you read the fine print it's usually at least 24 hours to fully cure and adhere on anything other than wood based products

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

OP
S

sierra117

Reaction score
How long did you let it dry before dunking the phone?
Rustoleum products tout "ready in x number of hours/minutes " but if you read the fine print it's usually at least 24 hours to fully cure and adhere on anything other than wood based products

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

It said wait at least thirty minutes before subjecting to water. I waited 45 minutes. I also only used one coat of top coat abd they recommended multiple coats. I may do my gs3, not sure yet.

Sent from GS3 Synergy