Running PC games on Droid

hy0tt0k0

Reaction score
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew any apps (currently released or being developed) that would let you play old PC games on our phones, particularly the Moto Droid 2.0 XD I was looking specifically for games like Fallout 1 & 2, or even games like Syndicate or Crusader: No Remorse. For people who've never heard of those games, they're 3rd person point and click games, would work great on a touch screen!

brando56894

Reaction score
Wont be possible unless someone comes up with a virtual machine for this. Those games are for either x86 or x86_64 architecture, android runs on the ARM architecture.

OP
H

hy0tt0k0

Reaction score
Well, I found out that there's a dosbox community that's trying to work it onto the androids, they creatively call is aDOSBox :), but it seems to be stable on my moto droid even tho its still in alpha. I was actually, after probably 4-5 hours, finally able to work fallout on my phone!, well, ok, so I actually only got the install screen to load and choose install and it froze, but, hey, progress is progress!

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Hope they finish the emulator in time for the Droid X release , I cant wait to use the HDMI output on that baby to play Crysis on my 50" HD TV :)

Bartl3by

Reaction score
Hope they finish the emulator in time for the Droid X release , I cant wait to use the HDMI output on that baby to play Crysis on my 50" HD TV :)

hahahahahaha and then your phone melts after 2 minutes of trying to push the graphics of Crysis hahahahahaha.

I could see this being cool for like starcraft, or C&C, or any of those less memory and graphic heavy games.