running apps

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You could go into manage apps, running, and kill the apps you don't need.

Isn't there a task manager on gb?? Use it of so.

OP
L

luis.esquivel

Reaction score
I did try that, my task manager says that there are 40 apps running but when I go to managae applications, it says there are only about 15 apps running

KevlarBack

Reaction score
New to android and my Razr-M is currently running these apps

Are they all necessary, can they be shut off? I don't have any sync or backup set up so do I need those running

smart action I just set up for night service
missed call reminder I installed for an audio repeating alert for missed call/text etc.

what is acoustic warning?
and some of the other runnings apps for??

list of running apps

settings
missed call reminder
com.android.qualcom
SmartcardService
Acoustic Warning
Circles
Files
Google Services
Camera
Qucik View
Smart Actions
Suggestions Poll Schedul
Backup Assistant +
Sync Service
Motorola Input

sonik

Reaction score
@ acoustic warning... lol

I discovered this little gem while jamming to my favorite tunes..

Pop up reads (something like.. ) "You appear to have your volume @ full blast for a prolonged time, this can cause hearing damage! Reducing volume for you, you're welcome.."

Uh.. gee, thanks google.. I guess? Hope you don't start limiting my drinking next!?

KevlarBack

Reaction score
New to android phone, have a Droid Razr-M, ICS wondering what is the best way to stop programs in the running apps section. When I open an app or say the camera, and close it I see it later on in the running app area taking up memory. How do these programs close without manually stopping them? I've removed them from the "recent apps" window (right button) list but they still show up in running apps. Is there a way to close these down to save memory and ultimately battery life. How to remove these running in the background after using them automatically without having to go into settings, apps, running, and force the stop manually.

JRParsons

Reaction score
They are using very little if any of the phones resources, in the event the memory gets low enough to affect the phones performance then the operating system will shut down what needs to be closed. If you close them manually many may reopen, which will actually use more resources than leaving them alone.

If it bothers you to see them running there are "task killers" in the Play Store that will automatically shut down running apps, but again, many may restart on their own, and you may actually see a decrease in battery life, I doubt performance is going to be affected at all, regardless of what you do, your phone is plenty powerful.

Lastly, if the app is showing as running, when you do open it, it will be quicker to respond.
Enjoy your new phone.