[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy S5 'Prime' Coming in June with 2K Display & More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Galaxy-S5-Prime-concept.jpg

Those premium level Samsung Galaxy S5 rumors just won't die. The latest intel would have us believe the Galaxy S5 "Prime" will be coming in June of this year to North America and Europe. If true, this is more than likely the same device that we detailed in our previous Project KQ article.

Here is the included spec-sheet for this latest round of "gossip,"
  • 5.2-inch 2560 x 1440 display
  • 2.1GHz Samsung Exynos Octa-Core chipset (this would be the 5430 processor with integrated Intel LTE modem, 2.1GHz Cortex-A15 cores and 1.5GHz on the low-power Cortex-A7 cores - with the Mali T6XXX GPU rated at 600MHz)
As you can see so far, the only listed differences are the display and the internal chipset. Of course, we have also been hearing repeated rumors that its casing will be made out of a more "premium" material than Samsung's usual plastic. It will be interesting to see if it looks much different than the "regular" version of the Galaxy S5.

We will keep you updated, so stay tuned!

Source: SamMobile

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Galaxy-S5-Prime-concept.jpg

Those premium level Samsung Galaxy S5 rumors just won't die. The latest intel would have us believe the Galaxy S5 "Prime" will be coming in June of this year to North America and Europe. If true, this is more than likely the same device that we detailed in our previous Project KQ article.

Here is the included spec-sheet for this latest round of "gossip,"
  • 5.2-inch 2560 x 1440 display
  • 2.1GHz Samsung Exynos Octa-Core chipset (this would be the 5430 processor with integrated Intel LTE modem, 2.1GHz Cortex-A15 cores and 1.5GHz on the low-power Cortex-A7 cores - with the Mali T6XXX GPU rated at 600MHz)
As you can see so far, the only listed differences are the display and the internal chipset. Of course, we have also been hearing repeated rumors that its casing will be made out of a more "premium" material than Samsung's usual plastic. It will be interesting to see if it looks much different than the "regular" version of the Galaxy S5.

We will keep you updated, so stay tuned!

Source: SamMobile

I don't think we will see this in the US. If it has 3gb of ram, I'd probably go for it. Going back down to 2 is actually noticeable to me. On 3 I can go the whole day without killing anything. But I am loving the on screen buttons with pie on my M8.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah... it seems kinda cheesy of Sammy to do this. It makes you wonder if anyone in their sales department ever stops and thinks through some of these ideas.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Can't imagine what the price tag will be...