[Rumor] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to have 13MP Camera and Optical Image Stabilization

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
gnote3-concept-render.png

If the newest Samsung Galaxy Note 3 rumors are accurate, the next super-phablet from Samsung will have some impressive camera features. The new intel is that Samsung will be including a 13 MegaPixel sensor and a special processor for the camera on the device. This special processor will be designed to offer some high-end camera features, including optical image stabilization and shutter functions. There is talk that it will also offer a 3x optical zoom. As far as we know this is the only new info beyond the specs from previous rumors. The Galaxy Note 3 is likely to launch during IFA in September.

Source: AndroidCommunity

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wow, optical zoom and optical stabilization. I have to wonder how effective it will be on a small lens. If it works, thats pretty awesome. I hate digital zoom with a passion.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Ray.. Can't they just wait till I enjoy my N2 for a longer time..

Noted 2x~4 beta

Do what I'm going to do, keep both. One will be my daily driver and the other will go on my second line for my GF.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Good stuff.. I'm sure if it fits the comfort size feel I will jump on board.. Some lucky friend will have a great deal on this phone...

Noted 2x~4 beta

bigdad63

Reaction score
Wow, optical zoom and optical stabilization. I have to wonder how effective it will be on a small lens. If it works, thats pretty awesome. I hate digital zoom with a passion.

I agree, the grainy pixelation is absolutely worthless.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I guess putting a better camera in these things is just cost prohibitive, but I know I'd pay the premium to have a camera rivaling a $400 point-n-shoot. I do think the tech is there to put in bigger lenses with telescoping ability to dramatically improve photo capabilities. Yeah, you'd have to sacrifice some on thickness, but so what.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I guess putting a better camera in these things is just cost prohibitive, but I know I'd pay the premium to have a camera rivaling a $400 point-n-shoot. I do think the tech is there to put in bigger lenses with telescoping ability to dramatically improve photo capabilities. Yeah, you'd have to sacrifice some on thickness, but so what.

Carl Zeiss makes very good and small lens. My old nokia shot very good pics although it's pixel count was ho hum.

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
September can't get here fast enough and then to wait for the actual release on VZW - maybe they won't be last this time... :icon_ devil:

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
September can't get here fast enough and then to wait for the actual release on VZW - maybe they won't be last this time... :icon_ devil:

How did I know you were going to get the Note 3? :haha:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Carl Zeiss makes very good and small lens. My old nokia shot very good pics although it's pixel count was ho hum.

How many pixels do we really need for impromptu, amateur cell shots? Who wants to blow-up/zoom some blurry photo from the bar in poor lighting?

Don't see it changing, though, until consumers wisen-up to the megapixel scam.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Are the rumors still saying it will have a bigger screen but keep the same formfactor as the 2?

from my spanking new Samsung Note 2