[Rumor] Possible Problems with ICS Update On Transformer Prime

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
TP-ICS.jpg

According to some posts across the web, there are a few users that have experienced major issues with the new Ice Cream Sandwich update on the Transformer Prime. According to a lengthy post over at XDA, a small smattering of users are having lockups and reboots after updating the device, regardless of whether they have rooted or not. In some cases it makes their tablet completely unusable.

Unfortunately, at this point, Asus support is stumped by it, and there doesn't appear to be a fix yet. Even a full wipe has no effect. This may only affect a small number of users, but it is something to keep an eye on. Let's share in the forums as new info arrives.

Source: TransformerForums via AndroidPolice

Last edited:

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
One again I'll say these devices are over-priced for what they offer. I wonder if there are any .sbf files for tablets so that users can downgrade to the previous version of Android before the broken update and then just temporarily disable update notifications.

vinnie80

Reaction score
Very cool! How are you liking it?

amazing so far... it was fast with honeycomb and now even faster with ics. i was a little annoyed when i saw the 700 series was announced, but after seeing pictures with a plastic back i wasnt that fond of the new design. ill stick to the 720p screen. i haventhad any of the wifi issues that have been reported.