[Rumor] Is this the Nexus Prime?

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Screen-Shot-2011-09-08-at-2.22.15-PM.png

Before we begin, let me say that we’re extremely skeptical here and acknowledge that it’s very possible this could be fake. In fact, I thought I saw this photo before, and saw it be promptly debunked (if any of you remember seeing this before, please feel free). My 30 minute search for this didn’t come up with anything.

With that said, some retailer named HandTec in the UK has apparently listed the Nexus Prime as for sale following rumors that the device will instead be called the Samsung Galaxy Prime. There was no price at all listed on the product page, but they left behind the photo you see above

The device pictured looks similar to what recent rumors have described – it looks like it’ll have a huge screen (4.65 inches is the current belief) with an HD resolution. The lack of capacitive buttons make room for virtual on-screen navigation buttons that we see on current Honeycomb tablets. Also, the chassis pictured may represent the metallic nature that new rumors have pegged it to be. Here are the specs on the listing:

Android 4.0, 4.6-inch Super AMOLED, 1.5GHz Processor, 5MP Camera + F 1MP, 1080p HD Video, WiFi, GPS

Android version 4.0 is what they’re calling it. And the 1.5GHz processor is interesting, as well. We expect Samsung to put the Exynos processor – that has proven to be very powerful on the Galaxy S II – inside.

If you remember a while back, Samsung was rumored to be increasing the clock speed of the Exynos processors in later iterations of the Galaxy S II from 1.2GHz to 1.4GHz. Perhaps they went a step above that for this offering. Odd here are the weaker camera sensors compared to their Galaxy S II line, but we all know megapixels mean nothing.

We don’t want to put too much stock into this finding, but there it is anyway. If any of you have seen this before and can claim it to be a photoshop, please let us know. Otherwise, we may have gotten a quick first glimpse of the Samsung Nexus Prime (or Galaxy Prime, or whatever).

SOURCE: http://theprimesmartphone.com/

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Cool looooooking! Half feeling the shiny lip, I think it'd look better if it was mattte.

riko540

Reaction score
Looks similar to the Nexus One but with out the track pad. If that is what it will look like I'll buy one just to have it. Lol

g_what

Reaction score
Cool looooooking! Half feeling the shiny lip, I think it'd look better if it was mattte.
Agreed! That will be a horrible fingerprint magnet.

Of course, this is based on a rumor anyways. Only Google & Samsung probably know what it really looks like.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Hey! I got the bionic, so therefore no other phones may be discussed until my upgrade comes up again :p

But Nice find Mal :)

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Hey! I got the bionic, so therefore no other phones may be discussed until my upgrade comes up again :p

But Nice find Mal :)

Lol you should of waited man. That phone will be old news when this Nexus Prime comes out lol. But congrats on the Bionic and thanks for the compliment.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Lol you should of waited man. That phone will be old news when this Nexus Prime comes out lol. But congrats on the Bionic and thanks for the compliment.

lol nah .. Im not worried about the prime, Im sure it will be a great phone but the next phone I get will have to have a built in projector. Plus, I've been waiting for a camera higher then 5 megapixels for a long time, and this was a perfect fit for me. Everyone has their preferences, prime is gonna be perfect for a lot I'm sure but am happy with my choice :D

OP
Malvado

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
lol nah .. Im not worried about the prime, Im sure it will be a great phone but the next phone I get will have to have a built in projector. Plus, I've been waiting for a camera higher then 5 megapixels for a long time, and this was a perfect fit for me. Everyone has their preferences, prime is gonna be perfect for a lot I'm sure but am happy with my choice :D

Understandable. But last I heard, APPLE is working on the projector idea and already submitted it to get patented. =/

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Understandable. But last I heard, APPLE is working on the projector idea and already submitted it to get patented. =/

Nah, I saw it being prototyped on several brands... besides, a projector is so versatile that the smallest change or mod to it made by another company wouldn't matter even if apple 'tried' to patent it. I think Apple has to many lawsuits on their hands now anyways .. also there are 3rd party projectors available now, not cheap and I never wanted an 'ad on' projector, I'll wait for one to be built it and it wont be an apple, I'd go without first.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Everyone has their preferences, prime is gonna be perfect for a lot I'm sure but am happy with my choice :D

Someone *cough* almost had me sold on the bionic today, but I've been waiting to see what the prime turns out to be. The prime does look interesting.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I don't know if this is legit or not, but I'm glad I'm waiting. The Bionic seems to be old news already, and it's only release day hahaha.

Bring on the Prime!

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Someone *cough* almost had me sold on the bionic today, but I've been waiting to see what the prime turns out to be. The prime does look interesting.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Gee wonder who that was <g>