RUMOR HTC Rep Sporting Verizon HTC One with Android 4.2.2

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Some of you are giddy right now because when you arrived at home today there was a fedex package sitting at your doorstep that contained a fresh new Galaxy S4. Im right there with you. Mine arrives tomorrow. There are also some of you that are sitting on pins and needles awaiting Verizon's big announcement that is scheduled for tomorrow. Many believe that this announcement is a big HTC announcement. There is much speculation that we could see a VZW version of the HTC One. There is also some speculation that we will see an updated version of the Droid DNA (mostly a One with heavy branding, a locked down bootloader, and lots of bloatware).

Today a rumor has been circulating the internet. An XDA member who claims to work for Sprint says that today an HTC Rep walked into his store to ask some questions about a device. When asked about a 4.2.2 update for the Sprint version of the HTC one the rep pulled out a Verizon variant that was running 4.2.2 already.

This should be taken lightly. This has really got my mind spinning though. Is the HTC One really coming to Verizon? How many of you will return that Shiny new S4 if this is the case?

Via Droid-Life

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
I'll definitely pick up the HTC One if it comes out for Verizon. Motorola's not doing diddly and Samsung is really starting to rub me the wrong way with how they do things.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Well... I guess they're done their announcement... No HTC One.