[Rumor] HTC May Jump Back into Android Tablet Game with 7 and 10-inch on Sept. 19th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-tablet-3-leak.jpeg

If the leaked info and pic are accurate, then HTC may be poised to jump back into the Android tablet market. In fact, the intel indicates that this will be a big part of HTC's September 19th press event. Their HTC Flyer was pretty much a flop, primarily because it was over-priced for the specs compared to the competition. Perhaps HTC has learned their lesson from that experience. Regardless, here are the details that the "rumint" has revealed on the 7-inch tablet. There isn't much more than speculation and the picture above for the 10-inch tablet.

7-Inch Tablet:
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
  • Probably will include support for the Scribe digital pen
  • 7-inch 1,280×768-pixel display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
  • 3-megapixel camera on the rear
  • 1-megapixel front-facing camera.
  • Superslim 7.1mm thin anodized aluminum body
As you can see from the picture, the 10-inch tablet looks very HTC One-like. It's nice to see that HTC is sticking to a particular design aesthetic. We should know something for sure in a couple of weeks, and will keep you guys informed. If they can price it competitively, it could be worth checking out. What do you guys think?

Source: HTConeForum via CNET

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm getting a tablet for my wife for Christmas. If this is reasonably priced I will definitely give this a serious look. I've loved every HTC phone I've had so far.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

S

SFGate

I will definitely consider this depending on how they set the price.

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
That picture looks like an enlarged T-Mobile G2 and/or retarded iPad. I'm sorry but that thing is ugly. Honestly, if I do decide to get another 10+ inch Android tablet, it'll either be the Note 10.1 or Samsung made. From HTC's past tablets, they seem to think charging up the wah-zoo is the way to go.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, SwiftLegeng, I think it's beautiful. It doesn't look like an iPad, and it shows how a design can be tweaked to be different yet still functional. Go HTC.

wardo

Reaction score
Maybe HTC will replace my piece of junk Flyer.it's been sent back 3 times, motherboard replaced, bunch of other stuff as well.
Still loses WiFi every few minutes. Verything has become slower and less fun ever since honeycomb update.

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using Tapatalk 2

les017

Reaction score
Interesting asymetrical bezel concept. Looks a bit odd to me but if they could get the software to "accurately" reflow the screen when you flip it over to hold it with the other hand, that could be a semi-cool feature

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
"asymmetrical bezel" = Off Apple's radar. :biggrin: